7

zach's pov

it was soundcheck the next day, which i didn't want to go to. jack and i still haven't talked about it and i didn't know if it was worse than actually saying something.

i wanted to throw a tantrum, kick shout, curse everything and everyone. but i couldn't. it was immature, and we had a show to do. i wanted to ditch it and go to the park again. but that was also immature.

so instead of causing a scene, i stayed quiet. there was no use anyway.

"zach." i jumped when jack rested his hand on my arm. "are we gonna talk?"

"i don't want to." i sat on the couch. "and it's stupid. no one but us knows that we're dating so what's the point?"

"that's kind of what i wanted to talk about."

my heart started to race. "what is it?"

jack scratched his neck. "the management, they...i love you zach you need to remember that."

"jack what is it? you're scaring me."

"they...the other reason why they wanted us to break up was because they wanted me to 'date' gabbie."

i couldn't say anything. it was silent. apparently the boys had heard too. and then it hit me. "that's why you were so calm, when david told us. you had already knew. and you didn't think about telling me?!"

"it wasn't that easy-"

"bullshit! you-you promised! you said you loved me."

"i do."

"and i bet you didn't even try to fight it, huh."

"z-"

"no." i furiously wiped my tears away. "i'm not going to meet and greet. come get me before the show." of course the last sentence wasn't for jack. with that i walked out of the green room and into the tour bus.

there were a bunch of screaming fans waiting at the gate, but i couldn't go over to them in this state. as soon as i closed the door, i screamed into my fist.

this couldn't get any worse.

i-i'm sorry 🥺