17

a car pulled around the corner, honking their horn. i noticed it was daniel. i ran to it and daniel got out, handing me his jacket. i put it on and hugged him, finally crying.

"it's okay." he whispered. "come on let's go home."

i backed away. "i dont-i can't-"

"it's okay, you can sleep with me." i nodded and we got in the car. the heater was on, bringing feeling back in my fingers.

"he promised, again." i whispered. "and i just believed him. like an idiot."

"you're not an idiot." daniel grabbed my hand. "love just makes you blind. it's okay, you guys will get through this."

"what if i don't want to?" i looked out the front window, but i could tell daniel was looking at me.

"you don't mean that."

"well, what if he hurts me again? i don't want him to think that he can just walked all over me."

"we don't know for sure that what happened tonight, was his fault."

"did he say who it was?" daniel didn't answer me. "it was gabbie, wasn't it?" when daniel stayed quiet again i scoffed. "of course it was. i thought you said she was the one that brought me and jack back together?"

"i did."

i didn't say anything. when we got back to the house i saw that jack was sitting on the living room couch.

"zach-" i ran up the stairs before he can say anymore.

"just give him some time." i heard daniel say. i got onto daniel bed and snuggled under the covers. daniel came up a couple seconds later and laid down. he kept his space but i went closer to him, wrapping my arms around stomach. "goodnight zach."

"goodnight dani."

i hated this

but damn 300 reads i love and appreciate you guys a lot ❤️ i don't say that much and i really should. i promise there will be a chapter but i've been struggling in math so i need to focus on that a little. hope u understand🥺