16

*two weeks later*

"jackkkkk."

"whaaaaaaat?"

"i'm boreeeeeed."

jack looked up from his game. "what do you want me to do about it?"

"entertain me."

jack sighed, paused his game, and got up to join me on the bed. "what is it that you want to do?"

before i could answer his phone rang. he got it and answered, "hello? today? like right now?" he paused and i heard a guys voice on the other side. "okay but-" he cut himself off and looked at me. "okay. tell her fifteen minutes."

when he hung up i already knew what the call was about. "it's okay. i understand."

"i'm sorry," he held my hand. "we'll do something later today, i promise."

my heart squeezed. i promise. i remember the last time he said that. but this was different, right. "okay." he smiled and kissed me, then got up and started getting ready.

"i just feel like he's not gonna have time for me." i complained to daniel. "he's gonna go on more dates with gabbie, and then lose feelings for me." i started to tear up.

"zach, bubby, he's not gonna do that. you guys are gonna be just fine."

"but what if we're not? we don't know gabbie. what if she tried something."

"it was her idea to get you and jack back together. why would she want to break you guys up?"

i looked at him. "it was?"

"yeah. jack didn't tell you?"

"no."

it was nine o'clock and i was waiting for jack. he still hasn't came back yet. i laid in bed and fell asleep.

i woke when something fell downstairs. i sat up, gasping. when i opened the door, i saw jonah walking down the stairs with a baseball bat. corbyn walked by, i grabbed his hand and went down with him, daniel hadn't came out yet.

when the three of us were at the bottom of the stairs, we saw a shadow moving towards us, it seemed familiar. i lunged for the light switch as jonah swung the bat.

"wait!" i scared the other two, realizing that the figure was just jack. i ran to him, wrapping my arms around him. "where were you?"

"i'm sorry." he slurred.

i backed away and looked at him. his eyes were red, puffy, and unfocused. he smelled like liquor. "are you drunk?" he nodded his head slowly.

"jack, you're nineteen, you can't drink yet." jonah scowled.

"i know." jack didn't look at me. "i... i messed up."

fear seized me. he didn't...he couldn't have...

"what do you mean you messed up?" corbyn stepped closer to jack and i, putting his hand on my shoulder.

when he finally looked at me, there were tears in his eyes. "i'm sorry, zach."

i wanted to cry, i really did, but i couldn't. the tears didn't want to come. instead i just pushed jack out of the way and ran out the door.

i didn't know where i was going, all i knew was that i had to get away from the house. away from jack.

how could he do this to me? how could he just...

a loud honk brought me out of my thoughts. i jumped out of the way, barely missing an oncoming car.

i looked around and saw i was in la. how did i get this far. it was very dark and there were barely any people out.

i felt a vibration in my pocket, daniel was calling me. i answered it.

"zach where are you?"

"somewhere in la. daniel i'm scared."

"share you're location with me and don't move from there."

"ok but please hurry." i did as told.

"don't worry, i'm on my way."

i'm sorry?¿