TWENTY-THREE

"It was the same thing, the exact same thing that happened to will last year," Nancy announced to the teenagers, Eleven sat on the couch, will sitting next to her, and y/n in between his legs, resting her arms against his right thigh, max sat on the other side of el, mike standing up and Lucas on an armchair. . "And look at this, look at the body temperatures," Nancy revealed Mrs. Driscolls, a woman she had been investigating in due to her unknown rats, temperatures. Will pointed towards the last one

"He likes it cold," Will announced.

"Okay so if this crazy old woman who was eating fertiliser-" mike asked aloud before interrupted by his irritated sister.

"Mrs. Driscoll," Nancy cut in.

"Right, yeah, Mrs. Driscoll, what time was this attack," he continued with a tired look.

"Last night," she responded.

"Yeah but what time," Mike shook his head, rephrasing his words.

"Around nine," Nancy replied.

"You waited all night to call," Johnathan asked in a hushed tone, barely looking towards Nancy.

"I waiting for the doctors to run some tests," she hushed back.

"You weren't there?" Will asked his brother, y/n held onto his hand.

"Well I'm here now aren't I?" He replied back, in a argumentative tone.

"Hallelujah!" Nancy announced sarcastically.

"Ooh," Lucas noticed the tension between the couple and turned back to his friends.

"Um so wha- what time was your sauna test?" Nancy held the bridge of his nose and looked up to her brother.

"Around nine," y/n announced

"Well that proves it, that proves my theory," she smirked and opened out her hands.

"She's flayed just like Billy", mike added

"Flayed?" Johnathan questioned.

"The mind flayer, he flays people, takes over their mind," mike explained, his arms crossed. "once they do that, they basically become him," he followed on.

"If there are two flayed," Lucas suddenly began to link it together.

"We have to assume there are more," will added on.

"Heather," eleven spoke up, looking up to Nancy. "Billy was doing something to her, she was scared," she announced.

"She was screaming," y/n added on, looking to eleven.

"Bad screams," eleven continued, looking back to y/n

"What's a good scream?" Lucas furrowed his brows, his elbows against his knees looking at the two girls.

"Max told me that-" eleven began before max cutted in.

"Doesn't matter," max quickly interrupted with an awkward smile and raised brows, y/n formed her lips into a line, holding back her laugh.

"I'm sorry I'm lost. Who is Heather?" Nancy answered back.

"She's a lifeguard at the pool," y/n explained to her, the girls eyes going round and her brows raised.

"Heather Holloway?" Nancy asked and the three girls nodded, both Nancy and Johnathan exchanged looks.

"Tom," they both announced.

-

Max, Lucas and el all sat in the middle seats of the car, Nancy driving and Johnathan in the passenger seat.

"Seriously?" Mike called, as his friends began to jump in the car.

"Welcome to my world," Will shrugged, y/n walked ahead, turning to the back of the car, opening the door sideways towards her two friends.

"Ladies first," she joked, Will jumping inside whilst Mike gave her a fake smile, she returned it, sitting inside, and mike closed the door.

"Seat belts," Nancy called, the teens all done them up and started to reverse back, Max, Y/n and El giving directions to heathers house.