FOURTY-FIVE

Will had his arm around y/n's, pulling her close to him as she rested her head against his shoulder, simply enjoying each other company meanwhile police officers were running around and fire trucks were being pulled closer towards the mall, that fire reaching over the ceiling and spreading around the back.

"When do you think they get back?" Will questioned the girl who was fiddling with his fingertips anxiously.

"I don't know, but hopefully soon," she told him, watching as his leg bobbed. His hand tightly gripping on the blanket pulled over the two of them.

"Jesus Christ," Will said as y/n lifted he her head, looking in Wills direction, seeing the large amounts of water spraying against the fire that was puffing with smoke into the midnight sky.

"Look at the roof, it looks as if it's gonna collapse," y/n told him. Will scrunched his lips to the left side of his face as y/n noticed. "What's wrong?" She asked as he looked into his lap, something he using does when nervous. "Your nervous aren't you?" She asked him, watching as his brunette locks jiggled, as he had nodded.

"What if they don't get back?" He asked and she squeezed his hand.

"They will okay? Your mom, that bald guy, hopper and my parents all will okay?" She told him, watching as he shivered "I'm scared too but listen to me they will and your going to go home happy, and a little more traumatized than last year," she joked, noticing a small smirk at the side of his mouth.

He wrapped his arm around her shoulder gently, aware to not tug against her broken collar and kissed at her temple. She smiled and leaned closer to his chest and relaxed inside of his arms.

It was quiet in their little world, the two breathing at an even once whilst the world around them was complete madness, water spraying, men yelling, people overall being stressed, but now y/n and Will they just sat with each other calm in their own senses.

"They're here," Will said and quickly wriggled out of y/n's grip, she too looked up to see Joyce looking towards her son as Will immediately began to jog towards her.

Y/n stood up just behind him, watching as the two hugged tightly in the spitty rain, the girl began to wonder slightly, her gaze scanning the whole parking lot. Not a glimpse of her parents.

She turned on her heel to face back to where she sat before noticing Eleven was standing there in the centre of the lot, silently weeping, shaking her head.

Y/n turned to where Joyce stood, her arms tightly wrapped around her youngest son, her reddened blood shot eyes switched towards y/n that just gazed at her hopelessly.

Y/n gulped thickly, her breath catching at each inhale just looking to Joyce, noticing how upset and distraught the woman looked and that look she shared with y/n cannot be good.

The teenager looked away and began to search her surroundings again, waiting and begging for her parents to completely knock her out with a hug or scram out for her, but each time she turned her head, not once did they appear.

Her heart was pounding inside of her chest, it felt like she was about to vomit against the concrete ground, panic settling inside of her veins and tears welling up in her eyes as she frantically continued to search for her parents.

"No, no, no, no," she whispered to herself, people running past her but it still wasn't her parents. "Come on you've gotta be here somewhere," she told herself, feeling not just rain but her tears beginning to fall without her knowing. 

Her mind and heart was throbbing, her knees were beginning to wobble each time she took a stumble step. Her head looking back and fourth over the whole parking lot. Y/n was begging they'd turn up and say retuning will be okay, she was crying that they'd do that.

She collapsed against the ground, her free arm holding her up as her tears began to race down each cheeks to her chin. Her hair blew back in the soft breeze, looking down to the concrete, her vision blurry and her heart pounding inside of her chest.

Where will she go? Will she go to an orphanage and get adopted by some random stranger? What about Sammie? Will they get seperated if adopted? Where is Sammie? Is Sammie okay?

All these questions raced through her head meanwhile her tears ran down her cheeks, she didn't know what to do with herself, where to place her hands, where to look, how to sit.

"I'm so sorry y/n," she heard joyces voice ring inside if her ears as a hand was placed on her back. "I'm so sorry," the adult sobbed towards the girl, Joyce, Will and y/n all huddled together in a circle crying in each others comfort.

y'all I'm so angry and sad for no fucking reason and I've been punching my walls so my KnuCklEs hUrT