2. Roman

I'm pretty sure my scream just woke up the entire building just now. Firstly, I only slept for about three hours because my mind was so focused on whatever was following me. Right now, I look like a mess. There are bags under my eyes, which I tried to cover up with a bit of makeup, but my hair refuses to stay in place no matter what I do with it, so my black hair is tied in a terrible ponytail. Secondly, it is six in the morning and my body is lacking food and coffee, so I'm still not functioning like a proper human being. Thirdly, as soon as I opened my door to leave for school, something was waiting for me right by my doorstep. Something small, black, furry, and has one red eye.

"Loki." I glared at the cat, putting a hand over my heart. "You scared me. Again. Just like last night. Don't let that be a habit of yours." The feline flashed his sharp teeth at me, almost like in a grinning manner, as he watched me lock my door. "Where's your dad? Hmm? Probably still sleeping since he doesn't have to go to work until eight." Must be nice. As I passed by Orion's apartment, I noticed that his door is partially opened. The cat must have opened the door, since Orion's door has a lever instead of knob, making it easier to open. "Well, I'm going to school, so I'll see you later cat. Go home."

I gave the cat a scratch behind his left ear before running to the stairs. This building is great; it has a swimming pool, a nice small greenhouse, a peaceful and quiet environment, and mostly friendly neighbors. The one thing that sucks about it is the lack of elevator. I mean, sure, it only has three floors, but sometimes stairs are very tiring and an elevator would be lovely. I guess nothing really is perfect.

Today feels much better than yesterday. The lingering creepy feeling is gone, though the thought is still in my mind and I still need to be wary of my surroundings. And speaking of my surroundings, I am very much aware that Loki had refused to go home and decided to follow me. I stopped in the middle of the second floor's stairs to turn around and caught the cat a few steps behind me. He stopped when I stopped.

Violet and red eyes blinked at me before he sat down and began to lick his paws.

"Loki." He didn't even pause at the sound of his name. "Stop following me."

The black cat let out a meow, tilting his head. As if I could understand what that means. "Go upstairs. Don't follow me. Orion is going to start crying if he sees you missing, okay? Don't follow me." Narrowing my eyes, I carefully went down the stairs while still facing Loki, making sure that he doesn't move.

Once he is completely out of sight, I faced forward and ran out of the building. My black Leaf car is parked right behind Orion's silver Tesla, though he doesn't use it often. Either he takes the bus to Virgo, uses his bicycle, or catch a ride with me when I don't have a class. Going home, if he doesn't use his bike and our schedule lets us leave work at the same time, we usually go home together. Orion already graduated and got his Engineering Technology degree four years ago, while I'm still in school working my way to be a physicist. And if I don't get breakfast within ten minutes, I will fail at everything in life. And so, I turned on my car and drove as fast as I legally could, away from the apartment building. I'm pretty sure I caught a glimpse of Loki before I left. What a funny little cat.

***

I paused the music from my earphones as I felt a tap on my shoulder. Looking up, I see a pale boy with straight silver hair, covering his eyes and extending up to his ears. He has gray eyes, with a thin line of eyeliner on his waterline, and a few tattoos on his arms. He's wearing an all black casual clothing, which I think is a difficult thing to wear in this three-digit July weather, but he does look cool so I'm not going to comment on it.

"Sorry to bother you." Low and husky voice. "But I was wondering if I could see your notes from the last lecture? I wasn't here on Monday."

I can't believe I've never noticed him before. He is kind of cute. Then again, I never really pay attention to anyone in this class other than the girls who always participate in the class discussions and my professor who I'm certain is John Mulaney's equally funny long lost brother. I sit in the second row in the middle, so anyone who sit behind me are non-existent.