9. Witching Hour

The sound of a distant howl woke me up. I was laying on my side, facing the balcony. Through the transparent door, I see the bright full moon and stars of the dark night sky. Glancing at my nightstand, I saw that it is 3 a.m. exactly. Deciding to go back to sleep, I closed my eyes and buried my face on my pillow.

I then felt my blanket being pulled off me from the side.

Damn wind.

With my eyes still closed, I tugged on the blanket and held it tightly around my body.

However, the blanket was pulled from the side again, this time completely taking it away from me. Confused, I turned to my other side.

And that's when I fell out of my bed, gasping in horror.

The moonlight acts like a spot light, shining down on my bed where a stranger is sleeping. It's a boy with black hair and tawny skin, which I can see a lot of because the blanket covers only his stomach and below. And I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the boy is naked. My blanket is clinging onto his body very tightly.

Did I somehow get drunk last night and slept with some dude?

Holy shit. Did I?

Turning on my lamp, I picked up my phone and ran to the vase full of lavender roses, holding it like a weapon.

The light caused the stranger's eyes to open and I almost fell to the ground when I saw violet irises. My legs wanted to give out at the sight of them. His eyes made contact with mine and they lit up and widened.

I reminded myself that he is a complete stranger, no matter how pretty he is. "Stay where you are."

He sat up, lips spread into a grin. His eyes flickered to the vase and his face shifted into a puzzled expression. "Who are you and what are you doing in my room?"

The boy squinted his eyes before moving towards me. He ended up falling out of the bed, legs tangled in the bed sheets. He looked at his lower half with confusion and let out a noise. He looked at me again and then crawled towards me.

I backed away quickly. "Don't come any closer. I'm going to call the police."

The boy continued to crawl towards me, and I kept backing away until my back hit the closet mirror. I dialed 9-1-1 and put my finger on the call button. I was about to press it, but then I was tackled to the floor and the phone was thrown to the other side of the room. The stranger hovered over me, looking down at me with a grin.

"G-get o-" Suddenly, the boy leaned down and I felt a lick on my neck and his hips rubbing against mine. I let out a squeak and pushed him off me.

I ran back to the bed while the boy let out a whine and backed away towards the closet, putting his legs against his chest. His teary violet eyes looked upset as he stared at me with clenched fists.

My face is burning as blood rushes to my face with embarrassment. "Who are you." I asked again, picking up the vase that I dropped.

The boy suddenly let out a hiss, followed by a mumble under his breath. "Grumpy human."

My mouth dropped. "Excuse me?" He turned to me, as if surprised that I heard him. "What did you call me?"

"Hmm?" He tilted his head, scratching the back of his head. After that action, he looked down at his hand that he used to scratch his hair, and let out a gasp. "W-w-what - " He looked at his other hand, then down at his feet, wiggling his toes. He let out another gasp as he put a hand on his throat. He parted his pink lips and spoke softly and slowly. "H-hello." Another gasp after that.