41. Potions

An angel hovers in midair, barely escaping the tree roots that magically surfaced from the ground, clinging onto the werewolves that had their feet firmly on the ground. A silver haired vampire runs around a female witch, purple lights radiating from her hands as she attempts to shoot her opponent with sphere shaped orange flames. The dungeon is currently packed with two witches, two angels, seven vampires, six werewolves, and two secular humans, which is only half of the members of the secret club to fight Aquila. The others will be taking over the room a few hours before dinner.

Within the past two days, more people have found out about the secret meetings and wanted to be a part of it. I'd say about a quarter of the prisoners are involved. They've all done so without even knowing that we have Solution 15, which gives them their abilities back. We only give them the solution once everyone collectively agrees to accept them in the club. So far, everyone has been doing an amazing job keeping our secrets. The guards have not suspected anything. We go to breakfast, lunch, and dinner and act as normal as prisoners should. Thankfully, no one has accidentally used their powers. Otherwise, this whole thing will be exposed.

At the moment, everyone is using their abilities to make each other stronger. Zander and Xena are using their magic not only to improve their own aim and stamina, but to show others what Florencia can do and how they could fight her off. Vampires have been focusing on their speed and strength while sparring with angels, whose powers are similar with the exception of their ability to fly. Werewolves are also testing out their strength and speed, though it is difficult for them to do so with the lack of space to move around. Scooby was thinking of sneaking out the wolves outside of the castle for better training, but he's still trying to find a way to make it possible, as guards are all over Queen's Garden.

Orion and I have been on our workshop before and after breakfast, working on our weapons and are only here for a quick break to see how everyone is doing. We are sitting on a desk, watching the group of sacred beings train all together. As we've learned, they've never done training like this before. Everyone was separated. Witches only practiced with other witches. Werewolves only focused on themselves, and vampires kept their training with other clans. Now, they're finding new ways to improve. It looks like they're having fun too. Even Roman, who seemed hesitant to fight in the beginning, is happy to show off what he's got. Not everyone welcomed him right away, not trusting a vampire who had helped capture a number of them. Eventually, they realized that he wouldn't be here, locked up and powerless, if he's still on their side. And so they warmed up to him.

No matter how impressive everyone is, my eyes wouldn't leave the male witch even if I wanted to. Right now, he's throwing a fire ball towards the dummy with the graphene shield, standing in the middle of the room. The fire instantly bounced back to him, which he quickly gets rid of by summoning a wall of water, causing smoke to dance all around him.

"Isn't it funny how the strongest person in this room is also a big baby whose weakness is herring?" I whispered to Orion as we both watched Zander. "Who would have thought that the next cat you brought home would be a witch who can literally make the world burn but just chooses to eat and sleep and pull pranks?"

"Imagine if I never visited my mom at her restaurant." Orion chuckled. "And I never found the cat digging through trash cans. Or what if I visited at a different day? Or a different hour? How different would things be right now?"

"You found Zander in the trash." I repeated, grinning uncontrollably. "World's powerful witch, found in the trash." Orion laughed. "I'm going to tell my mother that my boyfriend was found in the trash. If we ever have kids, I'd tell them that their father was found in the trash and we all live happily ever after."

As if the witch could sense us talking about him even though we're at complete opposite sides of the dungeon, Zander turned to me and Orion with a raised brow. As I gave him a wave, he smiled widely and returned the action. One of the young wolves took advantage of him being distracted and tackled the witch to the ground.