14. Thief

I came to Virgo as soon as I had dropped off Zander to our apartment building, very much to his dismay. Entering the laboratory, I was greeted with the same strict securities keeping an eye on the place, even more now that there has been another thing stolen recently. They've stopped sharing what has been getting stolen because they are the things that others are not supposed to know about. Whatever they are, it's some things worth all these hassle for. There was also a couple of police officers from Jupiter Police Department, speaking with a biologist and anthropologist. I can see that they are having a private meeting in a room with glassed, sound proof windows, and it looks pretty serious.

When I arrived at the team's office, I only found Miko and Orion, discussing about the incident with my professor. Miko saw me first and gave me a nod. "How are you Miko?"

"Well," She huffs. "Aside from the fact that I think the wolf is stalking me, I have a family party that I'm forced to attend to this afternoon and I only like 0.02 percent of everyone that will be there. So, I'm doing pretty damn amazing."

"Okay." Jeez. "Cat Daddy, what's up with you?" Other than the fact that your cat suddenly turned into a human boy and has been a witch all this time and it's kind of my fault and that he's in your apartment right now taking a cat nap in your fancy bed?

"Stop calling me that." He hisses, looking an awful lot like Hermione. "Okay so about that Professor Castaldi that was attacked? I got a picture of the bite."

"A terrible picture." Miko added.

"A picture nonetheless." Orion glared at her before shoving his phone to my face.

Squinting my eyes to give a better look at the image, which is indeed terrible and blurry and very low quality despite Orion having the newest fanciest phone in the entire town, I see the same two cops that I saw in one of the meeting rooms in the first floor. One of them is the sheriff deputy, Terence Palacio, who I believe is only twenty-eight years old and got most young adults and teens fawning for him, and the other is an older, less popular officer named Nikolas Finlay, a thirty something year old grumpy and nosy prick. Both of them, in the image, were conversing with the same scientists I saw them with earlier, along with Virgo's president, Vega.

"What am I supposed to be looking at?" I asked, confused. "If you're showing me Finlay's bald spot, I already know about it."

"What? No!" The male zoomed in the image, making it even more blurry. "There!" He pointed at the image that Palacio is holding up for the scientists. It's a picture of a left shoulder and forearm. Just a few inches below the shoulder are teeth marks. They managed to puncture four holes on the skin. There are also scratches surrounding the shoulders and forearm. "Okay so I was far and that was the best I could get, but I did overhear them asking to confirm if it's a wolf bite because they aren't sure and the records they've got of wolf bites don't match the one that your teacher has." I looked at the picture again. It looks like a bite, but not necessarily a wolf's bite. It could be other animals, such as a bear. If not for the scratch marks, it could have been a snake that struck twice. It could be anything. "I also heard that Castaldi is still unconscious in the hospital so they can't ask him what attacked him yet. But point is, they're not sure it's a wolf."

"It doesn't look like a wolf bite to me." Says Miko.

Orion put his phone down. "Of course you'd say that now that you and the werewolf are best friends."

"About that." I went to my seat and spun my chair to face the bob haired scientist. "When you say the wolf is stalking you, what do you mean? I know you said last time that you saw orange eyes by your window. Have you experienced anything else?"

"I saw it a couple more times." She replied, leaning back on her seat. She stared into nothing, eyes going far, most likely thinking back to the time she saw the strange eyes of the creature. "When I was going to my house, and another time at the window, both at night. Nothing bad has happened yet though. Like, I'm not waking up dead or anything. Nothing in my house is broken except for a pot of plant. So, I don't know. I really don't. I may just be paranoid about the wolf ever since our night hike."