22. Castle

After being rudely waken up by an angry teen werewolf, Zander and I were led to the dining hall of the castle. I was in the middle of a dreamless sleep when a boy around the age of fifteen barged in the room and screamed at us that it is time for dinner. Zander sleepily replied, "Five more minutes." Scott McCall then said, "If you don't get up right now, I'll make sure you starve for the rest of your life." Zander snickered and was about to reply, but then I spared him from starvation and decided to drag him with me out of bed. One, the puppy looks like he's about to bite and two, my stomach is growling.

On the way down to the dining hall, Zander tried to start a conversation with the teen. "So, what's your name? Do we call you Scott? Derek? Remus? Klaus?"

All he got was a simple, "Don't talk to me."

Zander pouted and continued to drop facts about himself to the boy, such as:

His name is Zander the Great.

He hates herrings.

Bacon is his weakness (but also his strength, depending on the situation).

He relates to Tinker Bell because he, too, will die, if not given attention.

Meanwhile, I observed the castle. The walls and floors are entirely made of wood, painted black. I'm not sure how old this castle is, but it doesn't look older than a hundred, as in it nothing is falling apart or decaying. Surely, whoever has been living here are taking care of it. Some walls have paintings on them. I've seen a few portraits, but most of them are either nature or abstract, though all are definitely amazing. There are also a decent amount of figurines, candles, flowers and fancy vases. The castle does include a fair few modern touches too, so it isn't entirely straight out of medieval. The only thing it lacks are bright colors. It's way too gloomy in here. Then again, maybe it's because this castle is currently the home of prisoners and guards, so it seems quite lifeless.

After descending down a couple of floors and making a few turns, we reached the dining hall. It resembles the Great Hall from Hogwarts, except it's smaller and darker. There aren't floating candles or a night sky or cute redhead Weasley twins. There are only three chandeliers: gold at the center, dark red at the right, and silver on the left, plus the same mosaic styled glass windows from the meeting room earlier, six small rectangular tables with a larger, round one at the center, all colored black. Oh! Can't forget about the angry mob!

Well, they aren't angry, but they look angry. Or maybe they don't, but my brain just thinks they do because I'm nervous and want to vomit right now. It could be both too. The moment Zander and I walked in the hall, it was like someone had pressed a mute button for the entire hall.

No big deal. Just me walking in a room full of creatures that can devour me and rip me apart within seconds, alongside a boy who is a witch who is a cat who I just cuddled with, who can also wipe off my existence. Oh, and there's also Orion, sitting at the right lower corner table all by himself.

The silence was so painful. The widened, various colored eyes of the crowd on us didn't help with my nausea.

And then...

The witch beside me curtsied and flashed everyone a smirk.

"Sup Witches."

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Ohm y go d.

After those two words, the crowd intensified.

"Alexander Farvale!"

"He's alive!"

"How is he alive?"