30. Red

Sleep was just about impossible last night. The emotional and logical part of my brain would not stop screaming at each other about what happened last night. Team Emo says "Yay! Finally! You were right to kiss him because you both have been wanting this for a while now! He wanted you to do it! Now enjoy the billions of butterflies in your stomach!" On the other side of the bridge, Team Logos is scolding me, "If he wanted to kiss you, he would have been the one do it; the one to close that gap. He was just having fun and teasing you, because that's how he is. Charming and flirty. Also, those aren't butterflies in your stomach when you see or think about the witch! Increased heart rate, dilated pupils, flushed face, and slowed digestion? Those are flight or fight responses, which is what happens when your body senses a threat and danger! Because Alexander Farvale is danger!!!!" It was a wild night of twisting and turning and covering and uncovering myself with blankets.

I made sure to glare at every werewolf guards that I passed on my way to the dining hall for breakfast. Scooby says that the guards remain clueless of our conspiracy because although there are a lot of then, they aren't all strong and smart. The ones that are actually capable are working outside of the castle, either parading around with Florencia or hunting down sacred beings for her. Though today, they appear to be more cautious, standing stiffly throughout the halls of the wooden castle.

When I arrived at the dining hall, I immediately noticed the quietness. It's not exactly dead silence, as people are speaking. Though, it isn't as loud as it has been for the past few days. At this point, almost everyone in the castle are used to the presence of two secular humans. They especially became more friendly towards us after that rainy night when we all gathered around the dining hall, drinking hot chocolate and telling stories. However, there are a few additional sacred who resided afterwards, and can't help but stare at me and Orion, surely wondering what we're doing here.

As I sat down next to Orion, I could feel their gaze on us. I ignored them and concentrated on putting food on my plate, while my tall friend nudges my foot with his.

"Hey."

"Hi."

He raised a brow. "What happened last night?"

"What do you mean? Nothing happened. Why would anything happen? Things happening? Never heard of it. What are things?"

Orion stared at me for a long minute. "I meant the meet up with Miko and Ivy for Solution 15? You and Zander got back pretty late and neither of you bothered to fill me up with what happened." It's because as soon as we returned to the castle, I freaked out about the confrontation that was bound to happen before we part ways, and so I quickly bid him good night and locked myself in my room for the rest of my restless night. "So?" He waves a spoon in front of my face to wake me up.

"Right! That!" I gave a nervous chuckle. How could I almost forget about that? "So basically, Aquila guards spotted someone from Ivy's pack and called out that there are intruders outside of Queen's Garden. That brought out the big dogs to make sure none of Ivy's team enters. While Ivy and the others run around to distract the evil wolves, Miko handed us Solution 15. Also, she said she misses you and your hair is starting to look like a bird's nest."

Orion's hand instantly goes to his hair. "How could she say that when she didn't even see me?"

"You're right. She didn't say that. I said that." I batted my eyelashes at him. "I could cut your hair for you if you want."

"No." He answered quickly, narrowing his eyes at me. "No one is touching this hair other than Hermione and my barber, Ed from Scissorhands." The same Tim Burton themed barbershop that messed up my bangs two years ago. My mom, my sister and her wife made fun of me for a good couple of days, right before reassuring me that my hair looked fine and it'll grow longer soon enough.