26. Conspiracy

Never have I ever thought I would ever have to run away from a group of werewolves, vampires, and one witch, in order to save my life, but here I am. My chest hurts, my heart is racing, and sweat is dripping from my neck and back as I hid behind a massive tree with thick trunk that covers my entire body. My timing is terrible. I thought going out of the castle and returning to Florencia's laboratory at night, when people are asleep, would be a good idea. I even persuaded Scooby to let me out for the second time, let alone at eleven at night. It's an awful idea.

At first, it wasn't too bad. I crawled out of the hole behind the blackboard in our unofficial hideout, Room 19, and made my way to Florencia's laboratory. About a quarter way there, I heard footsteps and voices. Then, I saw all of them. Werewolves and vampires, surrounding three cuffed individuals. One middle aged female vampire, one senior citizen male werewolf, and one angel that's no younger than twelve years old. At first, Florencia was not with the group. I only saw her familiar werewolf guards that took us from Jupiter, mixed with new ones. Then, Zetta and Florencia came out from a house, which, no doubt, is the biggest out of Queen's Garden excluding the castle. It looks like there are more of them. Aquila is growing. All together, they entered the small Parthenon-like building, where Orion, Zander and I were taken during our arrival here.

I froze like a statue as I waited for the whole party to go inside. I did not even huff a breath or blink an eye, as I was too scared to be detected. Scooby said werewolves have strong sense of smell, better than vampires who are better at going after bleeding creatures, though they can still smell non-bleeding creatures, just faintly. However, if there are other other people, no matter what creature, and if I'm far enough, they shouldn't be able to catch my scent easily. Though, it also doesn't mean I'm invisible to them. If they really looked for my scent, they will find me. Right now, they think I'm inside the castle so if they catch a secular human scent, it could be because one of the Aquila members were interacting with a secular. Scooby also mentioned that werewolves can detect special scents that secular beings and vampires cannot catch, and apparently, Zander's scent is tied with mine, or something like that, and so the werewolves may also detect a witch's scent as well as my own. I'm pretty sure it's because Zander and I have been spending too much time with each other.

Whatever happened to my plan of pushing feelings away and pretending they don't exist and not act upon those feelings, I don't know. All I know is that my professors have surely dropped me from my classes and so I need to retake an entire semester of Psychology and Chemistry and I am quite upset and it's all Florencia's fault for whatever Thanos-approved plan she's trying to pull.

After three minutes and I felt like fainting from holding my breath, I decided to continue to Florencia's laboratory. This time, I borrowed Scooby's phone so I can keep track of time and take pictures. I can't take anything because Florencia would suspect that someone has been in her laboratory, so the best we can do is take pictures of everything in there so we can look at them later.

I entered the lab the same way as last time. I had to make sure my shoes didn't cling onto the dirt of the forest as I walked through the small hallway before reaching the place. I turned on the white lights and wasted no time exploring. The first thing I did was take pictures of the boards that held equations, maps, lists of names, blueprints, as well as other information. Then, I took pictures of the NASA tech, which is elephant in the room, along with the other things stolen from Virgo and other places. On one of the tables, I saw a notebook and separate drawings, next to crumbled papers that look to be a whole bunch of mathematical equations that seem to reach dead ends. I took pictures of every single thing before actually taking my time to analyze them.

If it were only equations, I would absolutely have no clue what I'm looking at.

However, Florencia conveniently titled her project.