20. Run

"Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit."

The wolf had disappeared and is most likely on its way up to my apartment at this very second. The three of us frantically searched for any escape or weapon, but our feet are glued to the floor with all the anxiety taking over us. I could hear its growling echoing throughout the halls, with heavy paws stomping on the squeaky wooden floors. My heart feels like it's going to burst out of my chest right now.

"Shit shit shit shit shit shit." I paced back and forth the balcony, feeling a cold flash throughout my body. Orion freaked out silently, running his hands over his pale face, while Zander stepped in front of him, hands glowing with purple lights, dark violet eyes fixated on the door. I glanced back down at the balcony and saw that people are running inside their homes to hide from the wolves that have appeared in Jupiter.

When the door was flung open, the same black furred wolf from earlier walked in with its sharp teeth baring at us. It took one step forward, causing us to take two steps back. A wolf with white and brown fur entered, slightly smaller than the one ahead of it, but larger than a normal wolf. Taking the left side of the black furred wolf is a wolf that's even bigger than the other two. It has light brown fur and bright orange eyes just like the rest of them.

Three wolves for the three of us. There is no way Zander will be able to fight off all three of them at the same time. Those wolves look like they're super werewolves. They're seeing Zander's glowing hands and they aren't backing away, so that's saying something.

"I have an idea." I gulped as my back hit the railing of the balcony. "It's not a good idea, but it's an idea."

"Well, spit it out!" Orion exclaimed, not removing his eyes off the angry wolf.

"We jump."

"Nope, swallow it back in." He shook his head vigorously, taking a second to look away from the creature to observe the distance from the balcony to the ground. "No no no no."

I put my hand on Zander's shoulder. "We're going to jump. You got it?"

He gave a nod, still facing the three wolves that are slowly making their way towards us, pushing away whatever furniture and objects get in their way.

"On three."

"No!"

"One."

I turned around to face the trees and the open space.

"You're crazy!"

Orion followed my move and put his hands on the railing.

"Two."

A gust of wind blew past us. Zander spun around and quickly held my left hand with his right, still glowing purple. I could feel heat radiating from it, like putting a hand near a candle.

"Three!"

The three of us jumped off the balcony at the same time the three wolves darted straight for us. My stomach dropped as my body fell downwards and everything else around me is moving upwards.

Orion's screams grew louder and louder the faster we fell and past the building's other balconies.

About halfway through the fall, everything stopped.

It was like there is an invisible ceiling above me and a floor beneath me, keeping me in place.

The three of us have stopped falling and froze in midair.

Orion opened his eyes and let out the loudest gasp as he realized what just happened. Zander, on my other side, grinned at us before our bodies were slowly brought down to the ground like falling feathers. Glancing back up to my balcony, I saw the black furred wolf glaring down at us.