49. Queen's Den

From this point on, Florencia is the target. Now that the portal is open, our goal is to send her way. Though based on how many intimidating werewolves and vampires behind her, it's going to take effort and time. As if there's an invisible line that divides the field, Aquila gathered on one side, and the rest were with us.

Florencia stands at the very front, with Ingrid on her left and Zetta on her right. The vampires and werewolves that serve them are lined up behind the three women, all ready to attack.

Across the field are the prisoners of the castle. Front of the line is myself, Zander, and Orion, who came as soon as he saw the lightning. Behind us is Roman, Samuel, Xena, and Scooby. Following them are Daniel, Angel, and the other sacred beings who met up and trained with us. I could also see Emory, Owen, and the other kids on the trees near us, ready to help however they can.

It's clear to see that Aquila has more people, but we can't let that stop us.

"Is this the part when we run towards each other, screaming something cool before fighting each other to death?" I whispered to the boys beside me. "Because I've always wanted to do that."

"What do we scream?" Orion asks, clinging onto his acid gun. His sword remained sheathed from his back, while his drones hide under the trees not too far from Aquila, ready to shoot once Orion presses a button in his pocket. "For Frodo? For freedom?"

"No, that's lame." Zander replied. "It has to be something worth fighting for! What motivates us to fight and win!" He turns to everyone behind us and goes, "For Bacon!" Everyone stayed quiet, looking at him awkwardly.

Just then, a flaming boulder dropped right in the middle of our group, barely missing Daniel. We all looked across the field, at Florencia, whose hands glowed purple, clearly responsible for the mini asteroid. Zander, Orion, and I looked at each other before screaming and diving straight towards our enemies.

I had to be smart about my weapons so for now, I left the acid gun strapped against my chest and used my knife to injure as much vampires and werewolves as I could. The drones fired toxins to Aquila from behind, instantly getting rid of a lot of them. Bodies scattered all over the place, surrounding the ring of purple light, the two sides fought.

As I made my way over to Florencia, I saw that she is currently fighting Daniel, one of the two angels. He was levitating from the ground, wings fluttering as the strong wind caused by Florencia pushes him towards the portal. Daniel dove for Florencia, aiming to pin her down but the witch was faster to jump away from him and used her other hand to set fire on his wings. While he panics and tries to get rid of it, she strengthens the wind and sends him towards the portal.

I watched as the angel's body passed the ring and his body slowly turned transparent, purple lights taking over his feature. And then suddenly, he was gone.

Daniel is one of the people who planned to be at Queen's Garden, so Florencia sending him there isn't a loss. He wanted to stay at the very end to help us fight Aquila before he entered, but now he's the first one to make it there.

Florencia didn't stop there though.

She sent two more vampires to Queen's Den, and one werewolf from her side by accident. It didn't look like she cared about the wolf at all because she didn't pause or spare him a glance as he was being transported. Every time I take a step towards the witch, someone gets in my way.

As I fought them, I saw that Xena is fighting Ingrid, and Roman is dealing with his sister, who has acid burn on her right leg but still fighting. The two of them are screaming at each other as they strike back and forth, though I couldn't hear them from from the rain and the sound of other people fighting near me.