52. The End

Six months later.

Something is following me. The moment I stepped out of Virgo Laboratory's building, I could feel it and my skin crawls just by thinking about its appearance. Dark eyes. Eight of them. I just want to talk to whoever created spiders and why they decided to give them eight eyes and eight legs. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I can't stop thinking about the brown spider that's the size of my hand that was watching me eat lunch near the window of the cafeteria. I almost cried. It's been hours and I feel like it's constantly watching me with all eight eyes, planning my death.

I had to stay late for work because of paperwork. As I walked through the hallway, I could only think of the monster watching me. Even in my car, the entire time I drove home, I can't help but feel like it's going to pop up to my face and I'd end up crashing my car and then I'm a goner. When I parked my car, there's that thought of the little shit hiding near the door and then it'll jump out and kill me.

"Come on. Don't be a scaredy cat."

I took a deep breath and got out of my car as fast as I could. I locked it with one press of a button and ran to the three-story apartment building, feeling as if the eight legged demon is chasing me at this very second. I had to slow down because it's late and my neighbors are probably sleeping and I don't want to wake anyone up because I'm being murdered.

Climbing the stairs was a lot more difficult than I thought. I held my breath the entire time and my heart was beating eight-eight miles per hour, I was afraid I'd accidentally transport myself into the future, which is my death. When I reached the third floor, I smiled at my closed door. Almost there. Just a few more steps. I can do this.

I am a strong woman.

I can do anything.

I am awesome.

I am a bad ass.

In the middle of a mental chant, I felt something latch onto my right ankle.

Holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit I'm going to fucking die right now. I'm sorry for every bad thing I've ever done please let me go to heaven or The Good Place or the Tardis or -

'Meow.'

A black cat.

That's the little shit that attacked me.

"Hello, demon."

As he clings onto my ankle, I marched the rest of my way to my apartment. It was already unlocked, so I simply turned the knob and entered.

And then I stopped because for a second, I thought I walked in the wrong place.

The lights are off, but there are candles everywhere, illuminating the red and lavender roses that decorate the apartment. A certain witch likes to leave it at random places for me to find, never wanting to stop 'courting' me (his word, not mine) even though we have been together for months now. But even though I see them a lot, I never get tired of them.

Red and lavender became my favorite colors, especially after learning what the roses meant. One day, I finally convinced him to tell me, in exchange for a coupon at his favorite fast food place, and so he did. The witch's feelings for me reflected the colors.

In the beginning, it was lavender. Enchantment and love at first sight.

Lavender turned to plum colored, transitioning to red, which showed how deep and strong his feelings have gotten.

I remembered crying about it and he laughed at me. Then, he gave me the two roses, one red and one lavender, before we headed out for chocolate milkshakes.