38. Fight Club

In the middle of the dungeon are one vampire and one angel, wrestling each other with their enhanced strengths, with Solution 15 in their systems. It's a lot less exciting that I was expecting and a lot more funny, especially since neither men are experienced in fighting in any way. At this very moment, the twenty-five year old vampire with blonde hair and red eyes is being pinned down on the ground by a twenty-seven year old, white-winged male with green and black hair and gold colored irises, who figured out that tickling is his special move to take down his opponent. Not tackles, but tickles.

Outside the makeshift ring, which is really just duct tape on the ground, are the cheering and giggling audience: myself, Zander, Orion, Xena, and a couple of teen aged werewolves that the male witch had invited, Emory and Owen. Orion, Zander, and I have finally began our secret training sessions, only inviting people that we trust a hundred percent. After we gave them the full details of Florencia's plan and our plan, they promised to keep everything a secret. We've given them Solution 15 about twelve hours ago so their powers could kick just in time for this moment.

Though as displayed by Daniel and Angel, having those abilities do not automatically make them excellent in combat. Just like myself, they've never physically fought anyone before. Zander, Orion, and Xena all have experiences. Orion was a jock in high school, so that's a given. Zander has a brother. Also kind of given, aside from being a troublemaker in general. Xena shared that she learned self-defense outside Queen's Garden. As for the Emory and Owen, they've also never fought before but are positive they will do better than the two males on the fighting ring.

"Cheater." The vampire spat, frowning at his loss.

The smug angel remained comfortable sitting on his back. "I think you mean, Clever. No one ever expects it, it makes people weak, and no matter how strong they are, no one is tickle-resistant."

Well, he's not wrong.

"What, you think you're going to fight Florencia and tickle her to death?"

"I mean, why not?"

Xena let out a sigh and shifted her attention to me, Zander, and Orion while the teens are busy with a conversation of their own. "That's going to last a while. They do a lot of bickering."

Along with Daniel and Angel, who was invited in here by Orion, Xena is one of the people who preferred living in a place without being surrounded by secular beings. I was the one who invited her and I couldn't have been more anxious to do so. Despite knowing that she doesn't necessarily hate secular humans, I couldn't help but feel nervous that she may reject the invitation and all our ideas of stopping Florencia. Fortunately, she accepted without hesitation.

"I'm basically the third wheel whenever I'm with them." Xena continued, nodding at Orion. "You know how it is."

"What?"

"Being the third wheel. With these two." She pointed at me and the boy who is distracted with the black strings of his burgundy hoodie. I hope by 'two', she means Zander and the strings because he's definitely not paying attention to anything else. "Why don't you find someone too? You know, mingle."

"Oh." Orion laughed awkwardly, fiddling with wires of a future drone that we will be using against Aquila.

"After you played with the guys the other day, I heard a couple of vampires giggling about you." Xena informed, putting her long hair up in a ponytail. "And your muscular arms, or whatever."

Orion unconsciously put his left hand on his right arm, face turning pink. He then shakes his head and focused his gaze on the wires resting on his lap. "Oh, no." He gave a brief chuckle. "Dating, relationships, sleeping around, and all that. Tried them. Never felt right for me. I actually prefer having no romantic or sexual partners." Xena nodded her head, while Zander gave him a small smile. "And I don't really mind the two of them that much. I'm basically their dad, tolerating their hormonal behaviors."