4. Chemistry

Once again, Loki had found his way into my apartment this morning. I heard him meowing and scratching my door at six in the morning. Lucky for him, I don't have class until eleven so he can chill by my place. As soon as I opened it, he ran inside and jumped on a stool by my kitchen's counter table. He eyes the breakfast food I've prepared for myself since I actually have time and I've woken up in a good mood. Loki did not hesitate to steal a bacon. I don't even know if cats can eat bacon, but he devoured it before I could even search on Google. Oh well. Orion should really lock his door if he doesn't want Loki wandering elsewhere and eating their food.

As I took a bite from my bread, the cat let out a noise and opened his mouth.

"What do you want?" He looked at me expectantly. Somehow, this cat's expressions are more human that cat. His eyes flickered from my plate, then to me, and parted his lips wider. "If you want me to feed you, I'm not going to do it."

Loki hissed and moved closer to me. Raising a brow, I scooted my plate away from him. He opened his mouth again and waited.

Orion must spoil his cats.

Grunting, I took a small piece of my bread and dropped it in his mouth. And Loki has never looked so pleased. He's practically grinning at me. Smug little shit. I finished the rest of the bread, glaring at him while doing so. He grabbed another bacon, a big one, all for himself, while I finished my breakfast.

Then, I sat on my couch in front of the TV and flipped through the channels. Loki took a spot beside me, but making sure that he's settled under my left hand. I chuckled flickered his ears, causing him to twitch them and hiss at me angrily. I was caught off guard as he moved his head and slightly dug his teeth in my thigh, giving it a small bite.

"Ow! Hey!"

Loki acted as if he did nothing wrong and rested his whole head on my thigh. His name really does suit him, no matter how much he dislikes it. A mischievous feline. Clicking my tongue, I continued to flip through the channels and stopped at Rick and Morty. Leaning my head back, my hand rested on the cat's soft fur and ran my fingers across his body.

In the middle of the episode, my phone rang. Stretching my body to reach the other side of the couch, Loki fell to the floor. Snickering, I picked up my phone and saw that Roman is calling me.

"Hello?"

"Hey Astoria." Roman's voice sounds even lower on the phone. "You're a science expert, right? Because I need your help with something."

"Well, I'm no Rick Sanchez but I'm alright." The sound of the scientist's 'Pickle Rick!' rang loudly from the TV that I'm sure Roman heard it. "What can I do for you?"

Roman laughed briefly before replying, ""I need help with Chemistry. Introduction. What the fuck is Stoichiometry?"

"That is a big problem. I don't know if I can help you." I teased. "But basically, it's calculations of reactants and products in a chemical equation. It's difficult to explain it with words."

"How about you show me?"

"Hmm?"

"Can we go to the library? If you're not busy! I have a homework due today at 11 and it includes 10 of those problems."

My eyes darted to the clock on the wall behind the TV. It is seven thirty-five. I guess I can do it. It's for a good cause, I suppose. "Alright. I'll meet you - "

"I'll pick you up!" He cuts off. "It's the least I can do."

Before I could answer, I felt a bite in my stomach, causing me to curse out loud enough for Roman to ear. "You okay?"