19. Photograph

It has been two days since Orion knows about the witch, vampire, and werewolf in Jupiter. Despite getting attacked by the blood sucking creature, he promised not to tell others about it to avoid chaos in town. He has spent a lot of time with Zander, making him use magic to do little things. Zander happily complied because Orion has treated him with lots of food and they even went shopping together since the poor boy has been using Orion's worn out Vans shoes. Just yesterday, the two grown up children decided to prank the landlord by making it seem as if his apartment is haunted. Today, the two of them have a different mission. Later today, Zander will go to Virgo and sneak inside to meet up with Orion, who will be giving the red eyed lady that's still at Virgo some solution 15 and hopefully break her curse, wake her up, and set her free. Together, Orion and Zander will search through Vega's office or wherever they need to find a list of all the things that Roman has stolen. 

Maybe if we have a list of things that Roman has stolen, possibly for the witch of Aquila coven, we may have an idea of what they are trying to do. It may help Ivy to know what the witch is up to and why she is kidnapping other vampires, witches, and werewolves. Zander will help Orion with the job just to make sure Orion doesn't end up getting caught. It's the least we could do to help Ivy since she won't be getting anything from Zander. Hopefully everything goes well. I'd like to do the task myself but I am still suspended and have yet to receive a word from Vega or Nox.

For the mean time, I only have school to deal with. As I predicted, Roman had stopped showing up in Psychology class. I asked my professor if Roman had dropped the class, but apparently he was never enrolled there in the first place. No Roman on the roster. In chemistry, class has resumed and Professor Castaldi is back to lecture, though we won't be having lab works for a couple of meetings. Deputy Terence says that Castaldi had gone crazy, but he is as normal as he was before he was attacked. During his lecture, most people were dead silent, but there are several people who couldn't help but whisper about his attack.

Efren, my lab partner who loves to talk during class, had nothing to say because his eyes were fixated on the bite marks on Castaldi's arm. At the end of his first day back, everyone had lots of questions. Not about chemistry, but about what attacked him. Castaldi repeatedly answered that his attacker is a vampire. Not a werewolf, not a normal human being, but someone with sharp teeth and bright red eyes.

Today, Castaldi has office hours so I decided to see him before leaving campus. When I entered his office, he didn't even look away from his laptop. He immediately said, "I will not answer anymore questions about the incident." I'm not surprised a lot of people were curious about it.

"Professor."

"You aren't an exception, Rivera."

I sat down on one of the chairs across his desk, which is covered with annotated articles about vampires, werewolves, and witches. He has been reading about sightings of those creatures and how their behavior and appearance are described. On one of the articles, it reports that there was a witch who had stolen from NASA. The stolen object is classified but apparently, it is extremely expensive, one of a kind, and it can do a lot of damage if used incorrectly. It also mentioned that the stolen object was still a work in progress and its engineers and scientists weren't even sure weren't even sure if it works. The thief was labeled as a witch because of their ability to have fire come out from their hands, as well as move things with her mind. That sounds like a witch to me. This article was published about a year ago, and it includes a blurry, black and white photo of the supposed witch. It's a woman with long hair and was wearing some sort of crown with snakes on it. Her face is hidden, and the rest of her body is covered with a coat. They were able to capture her hands and it looks like it's glowing with energy. It's hard to tell without color. Could this be the infamous leader of the Aquila coven? It has to be. How many other witches out there are robbing science facilities? If so, she has been gathering equipment and ingredients for a long time.