48. Door

ORION

It's midnight. It's raining. It's cold.

I can't sleep. My body and mind have been restless. At any moment from now, Queen's Den could open up. I haven't been able to talk to Scooby because there had been additional guards inside the castle and no one is aloud to be alone anymore, aside from when we're in our rooms. They have been keeping an eye on everyone, even people who were not caught at the dungeon.

I don't know what happened to Zander and Astoria ever since they were taken out of the castle by the guards. I just know that they will protect each other. Even though they may not be with us when the time comes, the team still stands. During dinner, Xena, Roman, and the others got a chance to talk, as quietly as possible. They asked what we were going to do now that Astoria and Zander got caught. I told them that we will still fight. We have to make sure all that we worked hard for do not come to waste. We've already discussed our moves before we got caught and everything is all set. The weapons, the traps, the poisons, and ourselves. We're ready.

Once my door opened around two in the morning and a werewolf guard barged in, I knew it was time.

"Come with me."

I followed him without resistance.

As we reached the hallways, I see other prisoners also being escorted out by other guards. Roman and I locked eyes for a second, though we quickly diverted our gazes from each other to avoid anymore suspicions. The other people who weren't involved in our secret meetings confused and questioning why they are being brought out of their rooms at this time, though none of them got an answer.

When we passed the courtyard, I saw that the rain had intensified. Reaching the dining hall, I was forced to sit down on the benches along with every other prisoners. Guards crowd around the room, eyes looking out for anyone and anything that will cause troubles. I found Scooby standing near the gate, looking just as concentrated as the other wolves. Out of everyone, I end up sitting across Luther, the vampire who snitched on us.

I paid no attention to his glares but at the prisoners. By now, every single one of us are at the dining hall. Although there are a lot of them who are part of the club, there's still a portion that have no idea what is about to happen. Astoria and I wanted to give them Solution 15 at the very least but we ran out of it. There are people in the club who are willing to fight Aquila even without their abilities. I wished I knew how to fix the cuffs and disable the parts that suppresses their abilities, though I'm unable to do it while it's still on their wrists.

There are several guards who had eaten their dinners not too long ago. Thanks to Owen and Emory seasoning their foods with toxins, it won't be long until the effects hit them.

After about half an hour, a scarred and bruised up Ingrid appeared and demanded the wolves to take the prisoners out of the castle. I took a deep breath and braced myself for what's to come.

This is it.

The end starts now.

***

Rain pours down on us as we marched through the forest, surrounded by werewolf guards. The dirty ground is muddy and slippery. The wind is strong, whistling louder than the sound of water hitting the trees and houses all over Queen's Garden. We were brought to the area near Roman's house, which may be the center of the entire place.

In there, we see Florencia. She's wearing a dark green, hooded outwear, covering her all black attire. The silver snake crown on her head decorates her light brown hair tidied to a ponytail, which remained dry as the water from the dark sky goes around her figure as if there is an invisible umbrella above her. She stands next to the technology that will open up the pocket world. The key to Queen's Den's door. Schrodinger's Transporter. I could see the glowing tesseract at its core, purple lights shining through the darkness around us. What was new to me was the antenna that was connected to it. It is about fifteen feet tall, starting from the center of the transporter. It's clear that Florencia made it from scratch, using things like electrical tapes, graphene, copper wires, and a few other scraps that wouldn't be difficult to find in her lab.