50. Locked

As soon as Florencia's true intention was revealed, every single vampire and werewolf from Aquila ran away. A lot of them never made it because Florencia used her magic to send them to the portal. A few lucky ones were able to get away thanks to Ivy for tackling the witch and taking away her attention.

The only one that remained on the field is our team, Ingrid, and Zetta. From the way Ingrid attacked Ivy, it seems that she cared about defeating the alpha of the Gaia pack more than anything. Zetta came for her brother, begging him to go through the portal with her, though Roman refuses to follow her.

Just then, thunder and violet lightning returned and touched the antenna. The core of the transporter glowed even brighter, and another explosion occurred, sending out a strong force that blasted everyone near it.

I let out a gasp as I watched the ring of purple light expand about five feet.

Just as I predicted, the portal is going to be expanding. We're lucky that it only expands when there's lightning, though it looks like the storm will be here for a while and the lightning will return.

For as long as there's lightning and the portal is open, it's going to keep expanding and taking every living creature that it touches.

"We have to close the portal soon!" I exclaimed, though most people failed to hear me as they gathered around Florencia.

I pulled Xena from the group and pointed at the portal. "We have to close that portal soon. As soon as Florencia is weak, she will be thrown to Queen's Garden." She is nowhere near weak at this moment. "Xena, are you sure you want to be in Queen's Den?"

The witch nodded, giving me a small smile. "Someone will need to take care of everyone there and I have to make sure it's not Zetta. As soon as Florencia is in, I'm going after to make sure all Aquila members are locked up somewhere. Daniel is there already. Angel will be coming too. And the few others. Maybe we'll be the ones to start a civilization."

"Xena, once you're in and this portal closes, you're there forever."

"I know."

Sighting, I gave her a hug. "Thank you for everything. It means a lot that you'd stay and help us fight." Now that Aquila knows the truth, the vampires and werewolves siding with Florencia are gone. The prisoners in the castle are free to go, and so can the others that have been fighting with us. "Now go get everyone else who wants to go with you. Be careful."

She gave me one last nod before running towards the castle. I also spoke to Scooby and told him to get everyone who isn't going to Queen's Den out of Queen's Garden and make sure he stays with them until we close the portal. That leaves only myself, Zander, Orion, Roman, Miko with Eli at her side, Ivy, her pack, Samuel, Ingrid, Zetta, and Florencia.

By now, I only have my mercury arrow and a little bit of the maitake arrow, aside from the knife. I ran out of acid from the acid gun, and so did Orion. His drones have ran out of darts, though he still has some left in his pockets. Miko is out of weapon, which is why Eli have stuck to her side to protect her.

At the moment, Florencia is surrounded by the wolves of the Gaia pack. They jumped on her and sank their teeth on whatever they can, while she shoots as many of them away from her as she could. Eli, Zander, and Samuel also uses their magic to strike her down. One hand draws an invisible force field that protects her from the three witches' magic, while the other is fighting the werewolves. Orion also tried throwing darts full of toxins at her, though the shield was causing him to miss.

Florencia let out a frustrated scream and the shield suddenly disappeared.

The wolves covered her body as she fell to the ground.