36. Samuel

Zander eventually got bored in the common room while Orion and I discussed our ideas, so he left to spend time with "cool people" as he said. Though, according to Scooby, he was with the kids not too long ago before he decided to get out of the castle to take a stroll around the forest. The teen wolf came to the library, where Orion and I moved after the common room slowly got crowded, and asked me to help him find Zander. He had apparently been out of the castle for over an hour and a half now and he was supposed to return fifteen minutes ago.

Orion stayed outside Room 19 to make sure no one enters and sees the secret way out while Scooby and I look for the witch. With the help of the young werewolf's enhanced sense of smell, he was able to track down Zander. We found him in a house that's a bit bigger than Roman's house, located at the very end of Queen's Garden. I've never walked this far in the forest.

When we arrived, we heard not only Zander's voice, but his brother's as well. They weren't exactly being quiet. Luckily there weren't a lot of houses nearby and the ones that are around are empty. Scooby barged in the house just in time to see the two brothers firing magic at each other.

Standing behind the boy, I watched as Zander creates a wall made out of water as a shield that protected himself from the spherical fire that Samuel sent towards him. A strong gust of wind came from behind Samuel, sending him against the wall, destroying all the decorations hanged against it. Just then, an empty wine bottle flew towards Zander and shattered as it hit his right shoulder.

While Zander's powers disappeared, having his concentration be broken by the pain on his shoulder, Samuel got up from the floor and jumped on his little brother, letting out a growl before tackling him down to the ground. Scooby quickly put a hand on the back of Samuel's jacket, forcing him to separate from Zander.

Getting a better look at the younger witch, I noticed that aside from his shoulder, he also got a busted lip and a bruise on his left cheek. Meanwhile, Samuel has a scratch on his neck and a broken nose. As soon as Scooby put distance between them, I entered the house and ran to Zander's side. Scooby stayed in the middle, making sure no one passes him for another fight. Both Farvales are breathing heavily, sending daggers at each other with their violet eyes.

Scooby looked at each of them, pinching the bridge of his nose before letting out a growl. "You are both idiots!" I know it was a serious moment, but a part of me wanted to laugh because he reminded me of a viral video of a little boy, raging and screaming Scooby's last word. I pursed my lips and held Zander's arm. "You're on the same fucking side, you know that, right?"

Silence.

And more silence.

"What?"

Samuel and Zander asked at the same time, looking at each other with confusion and of course, hatred. I wonder what went on before we arrived.

The wolf read everyone's reactions and sighed. "Samuel is a spy for Ivy."

Now it was my turn to go, "What?" There is no way. "How?"

Just as Samuel opened his mouth to explain, Zander stepped forward. "It doesn't matter how, or whether we're in the same side or not. None of those changes the fact that he's an asshole."

The older witch gave a small grin, tilting his head. "That's true."

Although I haven't really spent time with Samuel Farvale, I could already see how he and Zander are related. Their appearance are similar, except Samuel has longer hair, a bit wavy and slightly more brown than black, has a stubble, taller and broader and has a classy and elegant fashion sense, while Zander's black hair ends by his ears and reaches up to his eyes if not styled upwards, he's only an inch or two taller than me and slimmer than Samuel. He also favors casual, street clothing rather than fancy ones like his brother's attire. But aside from that, they also have similar expressions. Though their beliefs, attitudes, and values couldn't be more different.