18. Breakfast

It's funny how my dream is much more realistic than reality right now. In my dream, I was in my apartment doing my homework when Orion and Miko appeared out of nowhere and then all of a sudden the three of us were in a hike, looking like Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli from the Lord of the Rings, just to find a god damn bacon-eating cat at the end of our long journey. It's a weird dream, but it's much more plausible than having that bacon-eating cat turn into a human with magic, plus a traitor vampire and a fierce werewolf who are causing mayhem in Jupiter.

My dream ended when I saw the black cat with violet eyes grinning at me. Waking up to reality, I find the same two violet eyes watching me as I opened my eyes and lift my head up from the mattress.

"Hi." And there's the grin that haunts me.

The moment I sat up and stretched my arms, I felt just about everything hurt for sleeping in such an uncomfortable position. Rest in peace, my poor back. "You were in my dream last night. "

"I was?" He gasped quietly, eyes widening and sitting up straight. "What a coincidence. You were in mine, too. It was funny because you were a cat. But not like, me kind of cat or Hermione kind of cat. You were you, with your human body except you had cute ears and a tail! And! And! You were still grumpy so you were literally Grumpy Cat! You kept scratching everyone, including me!" He glared at me as if I had actually done that in real life. "How could you when all I've ever been was an amazing master?"

"Uh - master?"

"Yes. Master." He nods. "From now on, I will only answer to Master, Your Guardian Angel, or Prince Zander the Amazing Witch."

"How about Alexander the not-so Great?"

His mouth dropped and failed to come up with words for about three seconds. Then, he crossed his arms and scoffed. "My Handsome Hero sounds a little different in your language. You should teach me how to be fluent in it." He paused for a second. "Oh! Let's make up our own secret language! How should you say I love you and you are the most handsome, strongest, coolest prince charming in the world? You need to say it to me every day and I need to practice it over the mirror so we can both get it perfect."

It is eight in the morning. How does one have this much energy before breakfast?

"Do you ever stop talking?"

"Only on certain occasions. Like, if my lips accidentally got sealed together or if someone were to kiss me or if I get injected with nightshade and mercury." Nightshade and mercury. He must have been referring to whatever Roman had injected him with. Zander is clearly feeling better, in comparison to how he was last night.

Sighing, I brought my head back down on the mattress, cheek against it as I face him. "We have a lot to talk about."

"I know." All amusement dropped from his face. "I know."

Just as I closed my eyes, I felt a hand running through my hair. The comforting feeling made me want to curl up onto the bed and sleep for eternity. "Orion's outside. He's worried about you."

"I know."

"We should join him. So much to say."

"I know."

And yet, neither of us made any attempts to move. Everything, right here and now, just felt so nice and peaceful, despite all the mess we're in. With my eyes closed, I listened to the birds singing outside and the faint footsteps outside my room. I felt the fingers brushing over my hair travel down to my face, grazing against my jaw, chin, and cheeks. Opening my eyes, I found Zander's gaze on my lips.

My heart palpitated.

Just then, there was knocking on the door, which sounded as loud as thunder to me at this moment.