46. Ghosts

ASTORIA

Alexander James Farvale.

Born on January 27, 1996.

Mother: Lydia Farvale

Father: Andrew Farvale

"The little shit lied to me." I huffed, stretching my legs onto the Farvale living room's black leather couch. "He said we had the same exact birthday and I was actually kind of spooked! He's like seven months older than me! And his middle name is James?" Why does his name sound like he's in the royal family? No wonder he always refers to himself as Prince Charming.

"Mine is Dean. If you're wondering."

"Yeah that's cute." I gently put the slightly torn and wrinkly birth certificate on the table in front of me. "So do you have more pictures of Zander when he was younger?"

Samuel stands by the kitchen, drinking tea while I dig around the Farvale house for treasures and entertainment that'll keep me busy for the night. He rolled his eyes before waving a hand and a blue, plastic box dropped on my lap. Pictures of the Farvale family. "Thanks, Samuel - Wait a minute. Your name is Samuel Dean Farvale? Like, Sam Dean Farvale? Like, Sam and Dean? Winchester?"

He groaned, setting down his drink on the counter table. "No. I was named after my grandfather, Samuel, and Dean, name of the strong leader who brought the Ignis coven to Queen's Garden. I was born way before that stupid show started, so if anything, they got their names from me."

My arm hurts every time I move it, so I have to be gentle and slow with everything I do for two days, according to the witch who saved my life. Although he was able to close the cuts on my skin, the pain cannot be sent away by magic. I learned that their healing powers are limited to small injuries only. Angels are the true healers of the sacred beings.

Samuel made me consume a soup that is meant to heal me within forty-eight hours. He added some ingredients that will help me heal faster, though he doesn't have a painkiller that'll make me stop feeling all that Zetta caused. Still, I'd rather feel the pain and deal with it than not be alive at all.

I really thought that was it for me.

So much things were on my mind just as I thought I was taking my last breaths.

When I regained consciousness, I was already brought here, at this very couch. Samuel found me unconscious outside of Queen's Garden and brought me here. As he cleaned dried blood off my skin and used his magic to close open wounds, he explained to me that he was coming back from eating fast food and found me as he was returning the motorcycle he 'borrowed', parked somewhere outside the forest. He also told me that Florencia is planning to open her pocket world in three days.

While I rested on the couch, Samuel asked if I wanted to try to communicate with Zander, since I won't be able to see him until tomorrow. The enchanted forest is flooded with its army members, preparing themselves for the big event. He suspected that Zander is worried about me so he used his magic to help me contact him. Thankfully, it all worked out. I couldn't be more thankful for Samuel. I did thank him without asking why he helped me. I don't think it's only because we're on the same side.

I don't matter to him and me dying would not affect him in any way. Whether I'm there or not won't increase or decrease our chance of winning. Out of everyone in the castle, I'm the least valuable one. Orion is a master mind who created most of the weapons, and the rest have their abilities. So why didn't Samuel just let me die?

"So you got a bowl cut when you were seven, huh?"

"I did." Samuel grinned, flipping his hair over his shoulder. "And as you can clearly see, I pulled it off."