35. Charming

It's the middle of the day, the sun is out and shining, and here I am stuck in the common room's couch. It's not that I literally cannot leave my spot. My body just chooses not to. My stomach is cramping, my insides feel as if it is being grated, I want to cry and scream and sleep all at the same time, and boy do I really want a chocolate ice cream right now. It's going to be a terrible week. Orion is spending time with Angel, the vampire, and Daniel, the angel, playing some sports and other games in the courtyard, while Zander and his young friends tagged along to watch. "I'll cheer for you, Orion. I'll be your good luck charm." Zander's words to Orion, grinning and skipping behind the technician, vampire, and angel, after making sure that I was comfortable on the couch with a blanket covering my legs and a plate of cookies on the table in front of me. He is too precious for this universe, honestly.

It's only me in the common room, listening to the radio, reading some books on biology, physics and chemistry while taking notes to make sure I take in information that will be helpful in our various projects that will help defeat Aquila. Being alone in a room, sitting on a couch, snacks in front of me, with radio for white noise, all makes me feel like I'm back in my apartment studying for a test. I guess in a way, I am. My final, in this case, will be to take down a witch using all the science I've learned. The ultimate final. I'm hoping to at least get a C plus. Maybe a B if all goes according to plan. I wonder if Professor Castaldi would give me an A if I tell him that I've fought witches, vampires, and werewolves with the help of what he's taught me. It's what Dumbledore would do if I was Harry Potter.

"Doing some chemistry? I think I can help." My heart skipped two beats, startled at the figure that suddenly appeared behind me. Roman looked at my notes before sitting at the end of the couch, pushing my feet out of the way. "I had a pretty good tutor." He then takes a cookie from the stack that Zander left for me.

If my back didn't hurt, I would have stopped him from consuming it. Zander left them for me only. "You didn't even really have chemistry in the first place, did you? That was also part of your act of befriending me?" I scoffed. "Do you even remember what I've taught you?"

He nodded.

"What is the formula weight of Hydrogen Carbonate?"

He flashed me his sharp teeth stained with cookie crumbs. "A number between zero and a million?"

I grunted, tucking my legs against my chest. "If we're still alive by the end of this whole thing, you have to let me use your motorcycle for wasting my time, Count Dracula." I then looked at him curiously. "Where is it, anyway? Does it have a secret holy parking in Queen's Garden? Can it secretly fly?"

"Why? Are you going to steal it?"

I shrugged. "Seems only fair since you stole from Virgo and lost me my job."

Roman dropped all amusement on his face. "I'm sorry."

"Honestly, that's the last of my worries right now." I admitted. "You still suck for doing it, but there's more important matters to deal with." We shared a look, knowing exactly what we will be talking about. "Thank you. For the thing."

He fiddled with the zipper of his leather jacket, keeping his red eyes on it. "It was the least I could do for all the trouble I caused."

"Why though?" Why help us at all? "I think you know why I wanted access to all Virgo's projects."

Roman nodded. "I figured you have a plan to stop Florencia from creating a separate world. You need information on what she's been trying to create. All the things she made me steal."

"You told me that it's better to leave it alone and let her do what she wants. And yet you still helped us, the side that is trying to take down yours. What made you change your mind?"