7. Hunters

I'm going to die tonight. I can't believe I'm actually going to do this, knowing exactly what is out there: a freaking orange eyed wolf who may or may not have an appetite for human flesh. I studied my reflection through the mirror by my closet. I'm dressed like a Winchester from Supernatural, with my blue and black flannel, black pants, black denim jacket and Doc Marten boots. My only weapon? A small pocket knife and a pepper spray. My hair is up in a bun, just in case something decides to grab me by my hair.

Right beside me, inside my dirty laundry basket, is none other than the black cat who is glaring at me with his violet and red eyes. When Orion and I arrived home, it didn't take long for Loki to run in my apartment. This time, he's a bit more antsy and restless than usual. The damn cat would not stop latching onto my leg, so I threw him in the laundry basket. I'm sure he could jump out if he wanted to, but Loki just stayed inside it, glaring at me through the holes of the mint blue container.

"What are you glaring at me for, cat?"

Loki then let out a string of cat noises, as if actually answering me. Snickering, I put my attention on my reflection and took deep breaths. From the corner of my eyes, right on the glass table that holds a flower vase containing all the lavender roses I've been mysteriously receiving, are my two scented candles with its fire flickering unnaturally. The flames are growing and brightening, then it would suddenly darken and almost die down, then back to strong and wild again.

Looks like my ghost friend is back.

"Can I be a Supernatural hunter first, Ghostbuster later?" I groaned loudly, sitting down at the end of my bed.

Just then, my bedroom door opens and in walked another fellow dressed like a Winchester. Orion is wearing a brown leather jacket over a gray long sleeve shirt, dark blue jeans, and black boots. His choice of weapon is a gray metallic bat. If strangers were to look at Orion, they'd see him as a police officer or firefighter, ass kicking hero of Jupiter. When in reality...

"I'm going to shit my pants." He confessed, standing in front of my mirror. "I can't believe you and Miko are dragging me to hell."

I let out a scoff. "Miko and I aren't dragging you to anything. You don't have to come."

"You're right. I don't. But if anything were to happen to either of you, I'd never forgive myself."

My heart swells at his words. "Aw, Orion. You're so nice. Didn't know you love us so much."

"I don't." He denies, shaking his head vigorously. "It will just suck so much if both you and Miko got eaten by a werewolf. Who will be there to help Nox? I'll have to do everything! No thank you." I chuckled at him. "I'm leaving my cats home alone for this. This better be worth it."

I picked up Loki from the basket. "I'm sure this boy will take care of Hermione."

The cat shook his head.

Narrowing my eyes at the black cat, I dropped him on the bed. "You ever notice how Loki acts like a human sometimes?"

Orion laughed at me. "I thought I'm the crazy cat person here?" I pouted. "Come on. Miko's here. Time to die."

***

Miko's black jeep wrangler drove through the dark and eerie Himalia woods, named after a moon in the planet Jupiter. Orion sits beside Miko on the passenger seat, while I'm alone at the back, trying my best to calm my nerves. For three people who are smart enough to work in such a grand science laboratory, we sure are idiots. We're really risking our life? And for what? Curiosity? The truth? Pfft.

"We should be good here." Miko parked her car by an entrance to one of the trails. "According to JPD, this is the trail where the wolf was spotted." Miko is wearing a navy blue jacket, black tank top and black tights, as well as sneakers. She has a taser, water bottle, and flashlight inside her fanny pack. I think out of the trio, she's the one best suited for the activity since we are basically hiking.