31. Training

IVY

Seventeen werewolves are spread out through the field of our training area, Red Rocks, Nevada, not too far from our safe base. Alongside are several people that we've taken to our safe base, wanting to come along to watch the Gaia pack train. This group included Mrs. Vinson, who didn't really want to come but her grandson did, as well as six werewolves, five vampires, one witch who is eleven years old, our latest addition, and one secular human. After hearing news from Alonzo that Aquila had doubled their size, adding more werewolves and vampires in their team, I've shared the word to my pack and we all collectively agreed to train and push ourselves even more to our best capabilities.

Fortunately, no one was injured during our trip to Queen's Garden. We knew that there was a good chance of being seen by the wolves of Queen's Garden, so we came up with a strategy on how to deal with them and find a way for Miko and Astoria to meet for Solution 15. All we did was run round, stir them away from Miko and Astoria.

After an hour into training, a couple of people from the audience decided to join. One is a middle aged vampire male and another is a teenage female werewolf who wanted to learn the basics of self-defense. The young witch boy and a thirteen year old werewolf also wanted to practice their abilities. The witch does not know how to control his magic yet, and the young wolf only first shifted a year ago, according to the girl herself.

"It won't be fair if I use magic." Said the witch, Eli. "But I don't know how to do fight without magic."

After training with Jones, my beta, I joined the two kids. "It is possible to resist a witch's magic." I turned to the wolf, Clara, who is already in her wolf form. "Stand your ground, gather all your strength on your feet, and concentrate. Depending on how much energy puts on his magic, you can resist it if you're strong enough. Go on. Feel the ground, dig your nails, whatever helps you stand stronger. Take a deep breath and concentrate. Be prepared for whatever Eli will throw at you." I nodded at the witch. "Hit her with a strong wind."

The boy's wind ended up coming too strong that it got the attention of everyone in the field. Clara had been blown about five feet away, though she remained standing, despite her legs shaking. "It's okay. Try again." Clara returned from her previous position, while Eli took a couple of deep breaths. His hands glowed purple and this time, wind picked up but at a much controlled, slower pace.

"That's good. Keep going."

The wind slowly increased its speed, up to a point where others nearby, including Miko, had to hold on to something, thinking that they may get blown away. I watched as Clara's legs quivered and struggled to keep her feet planted on the ground. Nevertheless, she remained standing on her spot.

Mrs. Vinson's four year old grandson began to clap, causing the two to smile at him.

"Well done, both of you. You can make each other stronger by doing that. Eli, you practice your magic. Clara, being a werewolf is more than just shifting and tearing everything on your way. Every part of you has to be strong, including your head and your heart." The two gave me a nod before I left them to themselves.

Before I could go to the next group to check up on them, Miko jumped in front of me.

"Look at you, Alpha." She puts her hands on her hips, blocking my way. "Teach me how to fight."

"No."

"Oh, come on." She grabbed my arm as I passed her. "You'd teach an eleven year old boy but not me, someone who is almost three times older?"

"He can move things with his mind, set fire on everything within a second, and turn someone into a rat if he chooses to."

Miko raised a brow. "So can I. What's your point?" She scoffs. "I just need the right equipment, but I can do all that for sure. I know for a fact that Virgo is working on a device that moves objects via psychokinesis. Set fire on everything? Give me a blow torch, pfft. And do you want me to turn you into a rat, Ivette? Science has done it before."