25. Mrs. Vinson

IVY

So much for staying away.

"I also brought Orion's Evil Radar. I forget what he calls it, but it's a device that tells you if someone nearby has red auras or whatever."

"I know. I'm very familiar with it. Very loud."

"Serves you right for trying to eat us."

"I wasn't trying to eat you." I scoffed at the blue haired woman beside me. "I was checking for the witch's scent, which was all over Astoria and Orion. It wasn't my fault that my teeth intimidated you. I promise you, werewolves would rather stay away from secular humans rather than risk their lives trying to make a meal out of them. Unless of course, they are desperate and starving. Then, no one can stop them from eating whatever is on their sight."

Miko gave me a side glance. "Are you hungry right now?"

"I am, actually." I resisted a smile as she subtly scooted closer to the window, inching away from me.

"I'm armed. With tranquilizers and a taser. Try anything and you will regret it, wolfling."

"Don't call me that."

"Okay then, Ivette."

Why did I agree to this? Why?

Oh, yes. Because she refuses to leave me alone, demanding that I take her to her friends. Being the smart and observant scientist, she figured out that I am the werewolf that's become the monster of Jupiter. She apparently caught me one time when I was passing by her house and followed me all the way to the woods, where I shifted for a run. After learning about Florencia and what had happened to Alexander, Orion, and Astoria, her first move was to call the police station. I then took her phone, turned it off and kept it away from her even at this time. I explained to her that our problem is not something that the police station or any secular beings can fix. This is only between sacred beings, such as myself, my pack, Alexander Farvale, Florencia, and everyone who has been in Queen's Garden. Not even Astoria or Orion should have been involved. They were just unlucky to be stuck with the witch.

Though, I suppose it couldn't be avoided.

Just as this, whatever it is, is meant to happen.

A six hour drive with Sharlene Miko.

We left Jupiter at midnight, and headed north to pick up another werewolf that is on Aquila's list. We will be meeting up with two of my pack members, who will take Miko, along with the woman we will be picking up, back to our safe base in Nevada. Hopefully by then, she will agree to let me take care of the rest because there is no way she will be going to Queen's Garden. Not that she knows that.

***

"Hi. I'm the alpha of the Gaia pack. Come with me if you want to live." The old woman in front of me gawked and gripped the door, while the younger woman behind me choked out a laugh. "Now, Mrs. Vinson. We don't have all day." We are right by a beach house, and I'm not at all enjoying this type of weather.

Imogen Vinson. Werewolf. She must be around seventy-five or older. Her lack of non-white wavy hair gives that away, along with her wrinkly tanned skin and shrinking posture. Instead of having orange colored irises, she has dark blue eyes, that are giving me a suspicious glare.

"I don't have any money."

She then attempted to slam the door. I quickly pushed the door and made sure it stays open. "I'm not here for your money, lady. I'm here to save your life. You've heard of the Aquila Coven, haven't you?" The flash of fear in her eyes was the only answer I needed. "It has expanded and turned into a group consisting of the witch named Florencia, the vampires of Cassini clan, and several werewolves. They are kidnapping every sacred being who has a record at Queen's Garden."