24. Asteroid

My stupid brain couldn't stop replaying last night's events, and it kept me up all damn night. All this time, I've been telling myself to stop being attracted to Zander. I've been pushing away all the things I'm feeling, thinking that it will eventually die down. I told myself that Zander won't stay with us forever. The only reason why he's here is because he was stuck as my neighbor's cat and didn't really have much will on where to go. Obviously, now that he's back to his normal form, he's free to leave and go and do whatever he wants. After this mess with Florencia, he'll be out of Jupiter to enjoy his freedom. And so, I tried to stop myself. I deny everything. Every thought, every feeling, that comes close to attraction for the witch, I repress. But last night did just the opposite. It just intensified every damn thought and feeling. And yet, every time my mind replays the night, I just feel like I'm digging myself deeper in a hole that I was planning to get around.

"Stupid brain. Stupid butterflies in my stomach. Stupid - Ah!"

A hand clutched on my right shoulder and I was pulled inside a small, dark room. An orange light above me turned on, allowing me to see my surroundings. Shelves and drawers full of junk. Broken radios, old laptops, phones, toys, projectors, glasses, and a whole bunch of other things that are usually found in classrooms that are not necessarily school supplies. I'm guessing this is a room where confiscated items were stored.

Right in front of me is an angry werewolf.

Not the same angry werewolf from last night, but a younger angry one.

The one that Zander unofficially named Scott McCall. The teenager werewolf boy who is always frowning at us. He is the one who watches us the most, so I'm assuming Florencia made him our personal guard or something. Right now, his orange eyes are glaring at me while his arms are crossed, body blocking the locked door.

"Look, if this is about the pie, we're sorry. It was an accident."

"Pie?" He raised a brow.

"Yes the pie." I scoffed, before noticing his puzzled expression. "...Unless you're not going to talk about a pie, then never mind. There is no pie. Now, good pie - I mean GOOD BYE." I tried to open the door by reaching behind him, but just as I turned the knob, he blurted out words that forced me to stop.

"I work for Ivy."

I withdrew my hand back and stuck them to my sides. "You what for who?"

"I work for Ivy." The wolf repeated, rolling his black long sleeves. "She's my alpha." He then showed me his right arm, where a tattoo is inked on his skin. I remembered the same exact mark on Ivy's forearm. An upside down triangle with horizontal line across from it at its center, and a crescent moon inside the triangle. "This is our pack tattoo. Anyone who has it is in her pack. I'm the only one in Queen's Garden who is currently in her pack. I'm a spy."

"Ah." Nice. Very nice. "So you're pretending to work for Florencia but you're really working for Ivy."

"Yes. That's what a spy means." He says slowly, as if I am a child. As if I'm younger than him.

"I know what it means, thank you very much." I crossed my arms. "So you mean to tell me that all this time, you're one of the good - wait, why are you so grumpy then? Why do you look like you want to stab us with your claws all the time?"

He rolled his eyes. "I said I work for Ivy. That doesn't mean I have to be nice to you. You're all annoying. Especially your boyfriend."

Shit.

There goes the butterflies in my stomach again. Fuck off, butterflies.

"He's not my boyfriend."