1. Kochi🌴

2019

''Wake up Miru! Come on, there's a lot of work to do today. Get up get up , it's already eight o clock. '' , Sudha said.

''Ammaaaaaa, five minutes more, please...'', pleaded Mira.

Mira was back home in Kerala as she needed a break from her busy work-life in Bangalore. She had come home to stay with her parents for a short duration of ten days. This was the only time she could catch up on her sleep, but today they were expecting guests at home for lunch. This was why Sudha was busy from the morning doing chores and wanted her daughter to help around.

''Okay, but once you're up, do some dusting.'', Sudha sighed and left Mira's room to continue her work.

Mira got up and did her usual morning business and got to work. After having done the dusting, Mira took a shower and went to the kitchen to help her mother with the cooking.

Normally Mira isn't fond of having guests over, since it means she has to work and clearly she doesn't like it because she comes to Kochi to rest, so it defeats the purpose of her stay there. But today was an exception because the guests coming were Sankar uncle and Vibha aunty, their family friends. Sankar uncle lives in Bangalore with his wife, and they had helped Mira a lot in settling down in Bangalore a few years back. Since then, they have been Mira's greatest support and were like family to her in Bangalore.

Sankar uncle had two children, Nithya and Naren. Nithya was married and settled in Scotland while Naren was working in London and had currently come to India on his parents' insistence to visit Kerala. So Mira was looking forward to have Mr. and Mrs. Sankar and their son (who she was going to meet for the first time) over at her place.

After the work in the kitchen was done, Mira went to her room to get ready. Mira decided to wear a long sky-blue kurti top paired with bright pink palazzo pants. Once she got changed and did some basic makeup, she looked at herself in the mirror. Mira was a relatively tall and slim girl of dusky complexion. She had straight, black hair that went down just below her shoulders.

''Hmmm...looks like Amma was right, I have lost some weight'', Mira said to herself. She quickly tucked some of her hair to the side and secured it with a hairpin. Satisfied with her look, Mira went to the living room.

***

Just then the doorbell rang, Ram went to open the door and receive the guests while Sudha and Mira were setting up the dining table. ''Please come in Sankar.'', said Ram as he welcomed Sankar's family.

''Hello uncle, hi aunty.'', said Mira.

''Miraaaa! How are you ma?'', asked Sankar.

''I am fine uncle.'' , replied Mira

''Meet my son, Naren.'', said Sankar.

Mira and Naren exchanged greetings with a smile and nod while their parents did the same before taking their seats. In no time, the elders got into conversation while Mira and Naren just looked around and smiled at certain instances.

''So what do you do in London, son?'', Ram asked Naren.

''I am currently working as a programme engineer under the fin-tech department in JP Morgan uncle. '' replied Naren.

''Wow, very good.'', Ram said.

''You know Naren, Mira just completed her MBA last year. She also interned with JP Morgan and Chase in Singapore during her summer last year.'' Ram said.

''Oh I see.'' said Naren.

''Mira, you are currently working at Wipro, right? In Bangalore?'' , asked Sankar.