2. Bangalore🌇

"Was he hot?", Preeti asked Mira.

''Preeti, just shut up! And what have you done to our flat? Did the didi even come or not to clean last week?'', asked Mira

Mira was back in her flat in Bangalore, which she shares with her only best friend, Preeti. Mira knew Preeti since their childhood as both their parents worked in the Foreign Services ministry. However, it was not until both their parents were posted in Malaysia that Mira and Preeti became close friends. Due to the nature of her father's job, Mira became accustomed to moving places every three years, which meant that she didn't have many friends, especially best friends. Although a year younger that Mira, Preeti was her closest friend who knew her inside-out. Mira also knew everything about Preeti.

Preeti Nair's family lived in Chennai. After completing her bachelor's degree in Chennai, Preeti moved to Bangalore to do her Masters in Psychology and ended up staying with Mira, who now had company and shared the burden of paying rent as well. Preeti was currently in her final year.

''Arrey, she fell sick, so I had to do the cleaning.'', Preeti said

''Hmm...I can see that.'', Mira rolled her eyes and looked around the living room which smelt of dust and looked messy with Preeti's things all over the furniture.

''Chuck all that, tell me about this Naren na! What does he look like? What did you guys talk about? '', an excited Preeti asked

''Not much, I mean he's a nice and friendly guy. Wait, I'll show you his photo on Facebook, since you're too curious.'' Mira went to Sankar uncle's Facebook wall and found their family photo.

''Oooohh...he's not that tall but he looks handsome.'' Preeti said after looking at Naren in the picture who was wearing formal attire and smiling.

''But that doesn't mean I want to marry him. My mom really got on my nerves this time...ugh!'', exclaimed Mira

Mira updated the whole incident to Preeti while they were making Pasta for dinner.

''Miru, I don't blame your mom. If you keep running away from guys, then she doesn't really have an option but to set you up with one without your knowledge.'' Preeti said

''Preeti!!! I don't run away from them, I just maintain some distance, and you of all people should know why... '', Mira argued.

Preeti was right. Due to a bad experience with guys during her college days, Mira always kept away from them and found it difficult to easily trust them. She did have friends that were boys or men, but they were nothing more than casual friends.

''Look, I know what you and my parents want for me, but it's just I want to enjoy my single-life a bit more before I settle down with some NRI guy for whom I will possibly have to leave my home, my job and whatnot. So until then, you're stuck with me bitch! Now pass me the salt.'' Mira laughed and said.

''Hmm...okay, you've always been clear about your plans for life, so I leave it to you. And by the way, I'm taken bitch!'' said Preeti

''Oh...ooops, my bad...haha. So how's your sweetheart Hariiiish?'', teased Mira.

Harish was Preeti's boyfriend and they were together since Preeti's college days in Chennai. However, they knew each other since Preeti's school days in Kerala.

''He's fine, attending interviews in Chennai for his job. Besides, he says he will visit Bangalore soon.'', Preeti said.

''That's great! We all should catch up soon, that is if you guys don't make me feel awkward like last time...haha'' Mira said