15. Feeling disconnected⏳

''Yes Mira?'' Hitesh asked.

''Well, since we have a time limit, I was thinking we should just focus on talking about the root cause of this campaign, which is our sustainability initiative.....'' Mira looked around for bit after saying this.

Hitesh smiled and added, ''Go on...''

It was a busy morning in the Office for Mira as she was in her group meeting. Her team leader Hitesh was asking for input from Mira as the presentation day was getting closer.

''Yea, so buzz words like sustainability, climate change and minimalistic consumption would really attract our audience I feel...I mean the charts are great visually, but we really need to pitch our campaign effectively so it stands out...''

''I agree Mira, I feel like the board members will have a short attention span and showing them charts won't just do the deal...haha!''

''Okay then, since there's six of us, let's split into pairs.''

Everyone nodded.

''Sanya and Deepak, can you two finalise the report? Ananth and Prateek can fix up the slides while Mira and I will discuss the presentation topics...is that okay?''

''Got it boss!'' Ananth said

''Haha...and Ananth, make sure you guys check with us regarding the slides, so we can be in sync.''

''Sure.'' Prateek added.

The meeting was dismissed as apart from the campaign, the trainees also had seminars to attend on the use of software by the company.

''Umm...Mira, I was thinking, we should see Kavin and just confirm with him as well, you know to see if we're on the right track...'' Hitesh said to Mira

''Oh...yea, of course.'' Mira said with a concerned expression

''Great, I will contact him and let you know when.''

''Sure.''

***

Later that day, Mira was having lunch with Jyoti.

''How was your weekend? I saw your post on insta by the way....You were out with two cute guys huh?'' Jyoti asked.

Mira stared at Jyoti for a few seconds and said, ''Jyoti, they're family friends and please one of them is still in college. he's like my brother...''

''Oh...but the other one looks your age...''

''Hehe...you mean Vikranth? Yea, he works here...''

''Vikraaaanth....is he the one?'' Jyoti winked at Mira.

''What? Come on Jyoti, there's nothing like that, we're good friends, that's all'' Mira said and automatically smiled as she reminisced the events.

''But your face says that there's more than just friendship....you know, this friendship could develop into other things....'' Jyoti added while looking at Mira

''Oh...I hope not, I am in a very happy space right now Jyoti, so it's best the friendship stays as it is...''

''Arrey yaar....you're so boring Mira....'' Jyoti leaned back on her chair and said.

''Thanks....I am aware of the fact. Acha listen, I won't join you for Chicago, I feel like I should just stay here...'' Mira said.

''Yea yea....now that you've made friends and all...haha''