35. How about snow?⛄

''Mira! The dhoklas are delicious!'' Tanya exclaimed. Everyone had sat down for a grand dinner that ranged from pasta, biriyani, salads, hummus spreads, and almost 4 different varieties of cakes.

''Thanks..''

''You made these Mira ji?'' Abhinav asked and Mira gave a nod.

''Then I will go for some more...Vicky? You'll join me?''

''Sure'' He said and stood up to help himself. Mira followed to get some water.

''You're cooking skills continue to impress me Mira...'' Vikranth said in a husky tone when he was near her at the table.

Mira smiled and said, ''Thanks but it's nothing compared to your authentic pasta I had that day...'' she said quietly.

''Now I don't know if you're serious or mocking me...'' he said frowning. Mira turned to Vikranth who was now right behind her and said,

''Vikranth, why didn't you tell me about aunty's accident? Is she okay? I had no clue!''

He studied her face before she added, ''Sam...she told me...''

''Ohh...yea, it was a small accident. You know how people drive in India right? And Chennai is pretty bad. And don't worry, my mom is completely fine, in fact she was fit enough to argue with my dad afterwards...haha'' he said lightly.

"Sam said something about the insurance...''

"Oh..right that..." He went on to explain that their was some mild issue in the insurance claim terms which was resolved today over the phone, which was why he was late.
Mira gave a sigh of relief.

A moment of silence followed before Vikranth spoke, "Hey Mira...about the last time at my place, I'm sorry if I-"

"Vikranth, if anyone should apologise, it's me. You've been dealing with so much and I didn't even check up on you...so much for being a good friend."

"Hey..." His face softened as he held Mira's gaze, "I'm sure you were busy at the work end too. And it's all resolved now...so don't be so hard on yourself.''

Mira still felt guilty, but it was hard not to reciprocate to Vikranth's infectious smile...

He refilled his plate and said, "Umm...Mira, you look different today..." Gazing at her.

''Oh no..Not the sweater..." Mira said to herself.

"Ahaa...it is the sweater..." Vikranth said in revelation

"Don't please...I've already gotten a lot of comments on my sweater and ...not that it affects me in anyway cuz I really like this sweater and so I decided to wear it. No matter what people say..." She blurted out quickly.

Vikranth gave her a puzzled look and said, "Eh...okay...that's cool. And you know what, take my word, nobody could pull off that sweater the way you do..."

Mira looked up at Vikranth,

"It's actually kinda cute..." he said and winked before walking backwards to his seat. Mira's stomach flipped and her face went hot as she took a step backwards and unknowingly knocked over a jug of water with her elbow. Her reflexes allowed her to pick up the jug before it dropped to the floor, but unfortunately the water had already spilled over.

''Tsss...I am soooo sorry....'' Mira said in embarrassment. She could have sworn that she saw Vikranth smirking and shaking his head from the corner of her eye at her clumsy act.