11.Basketball!⛹️

It had been two weeks since Nikhil's birthday..work was the same as usual. To Mira's luck, Kavin had gone to New York, this meant that Mira could work in peace. Not that he was much of a nuisance, but his presence did create some discomfort for her.

Sunday was here and Mira was invited by Vikranth to watch him play basketball at a local club. Mira was super excited as she was going to watch Vikranth play, and she's always wanted to ever since she learnt about his interest for the sport.

***

Mira, Sam, and Nikhil were at the indoor basketball court to support Vikranth, who was warming up in his white jersey with orange stripes and white shorts. The jersey was sleeveless, which meant that his muscles were clearing visible, he looked incredibly fit and Mira couldn't help staring at him. There were only about two Asians on the team including Vikranth. Vikranth spotted them, he waved at them, gave his signature smile and he walked over.

''You got this Vicky, go get em!'' Sam said.

''Thanks Sam! Where's Abhi?'' Vikranth asked

''Probably still sleeping...it's Sunday you know...But we're here...go show them what you got!''Nikhil laughed and said.

''Thanks man!'' Vikranth said and turned to Mira

''Hey...'' Vikranth said.

''Hi Vikranth! Looking forward to watching you play. All the best!'' Mira said with her thumbs up.

Vikranth laughed and said, ''Thanks...''

The game started and Vikranth was on full swing, one moment he dribbled the ball, the next, he was leaping up to the basket to score!

Every time he scored or other members from his team did, Sam and Nikhil would cheer ''Vicky!'' After a few more scores, Mira also joined them. The noise was loud in the court as the two teams were head-to-head with their scores. Mira felt like a teenager high on energy, there was something about watching or playing sports that made Mira all hyped up.

Soon, it was half-time. Sam went up to Vikranth to give water, when she came back to the benches, she asked Mira,

''So Mira...are you having fun or is it boring?'' Sam asked.

''No...I enjoy watching sports, and playing them too. It's just I didn't expect such a big crowd and such energy...'' Mira laughed and said.

''Oh...this is nothing. You should see the crowd at the NBA games...it's crazy..haha'' Sam said.

''Oh..of course. But I'm happy I came, I finally got to watch Vikranth play..''

Sam smiled.

Half-time ended and the game continued. During the second-half, Mira noticed that Vikranth was sweating on his forehead because his hair was quite dense and would fall on his forehead while playing. So he would lift his jersey up to wipe the sweat off...making his bare body and abs visible. When Mira saw this she couldn't get her eyes off him...a sudden wave of heat passed through her...Mira felt her face warm up...was she blushing....? well, she had no clue...but the feeling was alien to her...🥰

Mira's conscious scolded her for gazing at him in this way, but she couldn't help. She had an internal battle going on in her head...

Undoubtedly Vikranth's team won, he did a celebratory jump after scoring the last basket. A sweaty Vikranth walked over to where his friends were seated. Sam, Mira and Nikhil congratulated him and gave him high-fives.

***

The next day at home, Mira was on the phone with Preeti,

''OMG Preeti! Vikranth is born to play basketball, you should have seen him dribble the ball..he's too good!''