23. Koyya?🦴

When Mira approached near Vikranth, their eyes met briefly for a moment, Mira saw an apologetic expression on his face. He said, ''Take care, we'll talk when you're feeling better.''

Mira nodded in response and left with Sam.

***

After Mira had left, Vikranth's face held a fierce expression, he clenched his fists as he saw Kavin approach him.

''Vikranth my man, calling it a night?'' Kavin asked smirking.

Vikranth didn't answer.

''What's up? Where's Mira?''

Vikranth still didn't say a word. But he was furious.

Kavin moved closer to him and said quietly smirking, '' Do you still think Mira can take care of herself?''

That was it. Vikranth clenched his teeth and grabbed his coat collar saying, ''Just back the hell off!''

''Woah woah...take it easy buddy...she's your friend, but this anger won't help-'' Kavin said & adjusted his collar.

Vikranth moved forward in rage, but was stopped by Abhi and Nikhil.

''Vicky chod na yaar. (Leave it in hindi)..'' Nikhil said.

''Let's go bro, come on.'' Abhi said and the boys led him out while Tanya followed them.

''What was that about?'' Tanya asked.

***

Nobody said anything while Vikranth drove silently, even though they didn't know why Vikranth had lashed out at Kavin. He was still angry, evident from his tight grip on the steering wheel. He had been suspicious of Kavin's behaviour from the first time they had met. Vikranth felt guilty of not having spoken to Mira about his suspicion before. The way Mira had looked at Kavin with conviction at the restaurant conveyed that she knew it was him who had sabotaged her food, but she admitted it as her own fault. This annoyed Vikranth so much that his thoughts kept him occupied long after he had dropped everyone home and reached his apartment.

Mira reached home and thanked Sam for dropping her. She changed her clothes and took some medicines for feeling nauseous. Then she just sat down on her bed, her mind replaying the events of the day. She should have known when she lashed out at Kavin at the parking before. It all made sense now, he had reacted by following her to the restaurant, hearing her conversations...he had been there the whole time and observed her. Mira felt the chills when she registered this, she had been followed and today, he had gone to the extent of sabotaging her food.

'What did he want? Why was he after her?' she thought as a teardrop landed on her lap. Wiping her tears, Mira told herself, ''No Mira, you need to do something before he goes too far. You cannot act late like you did the last time! You have to be strong.''

With that, Mira washed her face and went to bed, hoping to get some sleep.

***

''What?! How dare he? '' Jyoti said.

''Ssshhh...Jyoti please.''

''He is such a creep, I can't believe he had the guts to do an act in front of your friends...you should have asked your friends to beat him up there and then!''

When Jyoti said this, Vikranth's face came up to Mira's mind. His face had held a mixed ex-pression of worry and anger that day...she wondered if he knew. They hadn't talked since that night, but he had texted her asking about her health.