14.Sunset point...🌅

Mira was sitting down on one of the giant rocks on the coastal side of the park admiring the sunset. Sri had taken Guava for a walk and Vikranth had gone to put some things back in the car.

There was a slight breeze and it was getting slightly cold in the evening.....the sky was a colourful palette of red,pink, yellow, and violet....

Mira felt the presence of someone walking behind her, it was Vikranth. He walked up to where she was sitting and sat beside her...when he glanced at her, she smiled, he smiled back and said,

''Good spot by the way...'' he said referring to where they were seated.

''It is isn't it...this place is a real beauty...'' Mira said.

''Yea...undoubtedly....you know Mira, sometimes I wish I could come here more often, but since its a long drive from the city, it doesn't happen much...''

''Hmmm....'' Mira turned to Vikranth and said, ''Hey Vicks...thanks for today! I had a lot of fun, even though it was only for a few hours, it felt great to just escape from the usual routine...''

Vikranth smirked, ''Well, glad you had fun!''.

A few more minutes of silence followed, Mira glanced at Vikranth a few times from under her lashes, he looked even more handsome in the evening light, his refined jawline, perfectly thick eyebrows, full lips...

'Uffff! Miru, what's wrong with you? Come out of teenage mode...' Mira could stare at Vikranth forever, so she decided to break the silence...

''Do you / Are you'' both of them started....

They both laughed and Mira said, ''You first...''

''No...it's fine, go on...''

''Umm...okay...I was gonna ask if you miss India...?''

''Oh...India, not really but I miss my parents though...''

''Hmm...it must have been hard initially right, when you came for college...?''

''Oh yea...that was a tough phase, but eventually I crossed it...''

''Hehe...yea, eventually you did...'' Mira quickly turned to Vikranth and added, ''I just thought out loud didn't I...''

Vikranth looked at Mira blankly...

''Oh...it's just aunty told me that you used to call them everyday and cry over the phone....''

''She told you that? Wow...okay...and just to add, I didn't cry all the time but it was just the first winter in college that got a bit depressing''

''Hahah...I'm sorry, I completely understand...plus now all I hear is how proud you've made them in the last few years by managing yourself and taking care of Sri...''

Vikranth just laughed. After some hesitation, Mira asked, ''Vikranth, can I ask you something? I mean if it's personal you don't have to answer...''

Vikranth gave a curt nod

''There was a time when your family faced a financial crisis, I mean my dad told me about it, they also said that your parents had a tough time paying your tuition, and you....''

''I managed with just 5 bucks in my pocket...?''

''Hmmm...why didn't uncle and aunty approach anyone? I mean my parents didn't even know...or else we could have helped....''