40. Ms. Cricketer!🏏

''What?'' A puzzled Mira asked Preeti in the ladies room.

''When I asked about Vikranth, you denied it completely and then when Abi asks you, you're all smiles! Pfft! ''

Mira grabbed a hand towel before she said, ''Wait, all she asked me was whether I had a crush on Vikranth...and obviously I would've because we spent a lot of time together-''

''Oh! So you admit it now?''

''Yeaa, I mean I did feel attracted to him, it would be unnatural otherwise, but the point Preeti, is that it was just an attraction, that's all.''

Preeti stared at Mira for a few seconds before she said,

''Oh....you're sure then?''

''Yea! Of course yaar! Besides, he's there in Boston and I'm back here, we had good fun while I was there and that's all. The rest doesn't matter. Chill na yaar...''

''Okay miss clarity, if you say so...'' Preeti said and smiled.

''Now let's go, it's New Year's eve bro! I don't wanna miss the fireworks!'' Mira said in excitement.

***

The first day of 2020, Mira walked in to her office in Bangalore. She recognised a few familiar faces and noticed a lot of new ones too. Some New Year decorations hung around the walls in the office, reminding Mira to wish her colleagues and seniors when she would greet them.

''May I come in madam?'' Mira asked before she entered Anisha's office the following morning.

''Miraaa! Of course!'' Anisha said.

''Happy New Year Ms. Anisha!''

''Happy New Year to you too! Can you believe we're already in 2020?''

''No, it seems surreal...haha!''

''Yea it does...haha. So how was Boston?''

''Great! A memorable experience...'' Mira said nervously wondering whether Anisha knew about the events involving Kavin and Ananth. 

''Well I'm sure you would've learnt a lot and hope you're ready to apply it all here as BDR.''

''Absolutely.'' Mira said with confidence. Anisha went on to brief her about her new employment contract which would be in effect from today.

***

Next, Mira had to report to her new boss, Arvind who had previously been her mentor when she worked as an analyst. Although Mira was greatful to have Arvind as her boss, she knew that it wouldn't be the same now with her additional work and responsibilities as BDR. Arvind welcomed Mira into his office warmly. Just like Anisha, he asked her about Boston and went on to brief her about her responsibilities as BDR. Finally before dismissing her, he said,

''It's good to have you back Mira, and all the best!''

''Thank you sir, and it's good to be back.'' Mira said before leaving. That day, Mira sent New Year wishes to Vikranth and her other friends back in Boston at lunch break.

The first week at work went smoothly for Mira as she spent time getting to know her new colleagues who had been recruited from across the country and her new job responsibilities. She was surprised to know that her former colleague Sneha had opted to be posted in Chennai, and secretly wondered whether she had gotten a promotion too...which going by her work ethics seemed unlikely. Overall, Mira felt that it was a productive start to the year.