53. The Charming Man🤴

Vikranth looked dapper in a crisp, mustard yellow shirt paired with casual grey shorts. Mira thought bright colours really did suit him. His look was completed with a pair of round black sunglasses.He had definitely made an effort to dress up as his hair looked well-set and his stubble which had grown into a beard made him look even more attractive. He glanced around before he noticed Mira and raised his eyebrows with a soft grin at her, that gave a swirling feeling in her stomach.

''Is that...him?'' Ramya nudged Mira and asked.

''Hmm...'' Mira said without looking away.

At this point, even Ramya was gawking at him along with a few other ladies in the lawn.

''OMG...he's so tall and handsome! It would be such a shame if you guys don't end up together!''

Mira glowered at Ramya at that comment. Then she walked up to her parents and greeted them. Mira told them that the ceremony had started and escorted them to where Preeti and the ladies were seated. Sudha and Padma congratulated Smitha (Preeti's mother) and talked for a few minutes while the gentlemen spoke to Rajesh (Preeti's father). Sudha and Padma walked over to Preeti who stood up and hugged them while they gave her their wishes and blessings. 

Mira noticed Vikranth standing silently. She walked up to him. He took of his shades and held them in his hands before he smiled at Mira softly,

''Hey...'' Mira said.

''Hey...'' he said as he gazed at her. 

''Uhhm...you wanna meet the bride?'' Mira asked to divert her attention from his gaze.

''Yea!'' he said with enthusiasm.

***

Mira and Vikranth approached Preeti who seemed more than excited to meet Vikranth.

''I can't believe you made it!'' Preeti said.

''Hehe...yea I did! Congratulations by the way!'' he said gleefully.

Preeti thanked him.

''Hi. I'm Abirami'' Abirami said to Vikranth who smiled awkwardly.

''Oh. We're Preeti's friends from Bangalore'' Ramya added.

 Mira introduced Ramya and Abirami, who warmly greeted them too. Mira could tell that Abirami and Ramya were both smitten by Vikranth from their radiant faces.

''Awesome meeting you ladies! And you'll look great too!'' Vikranth commented. Mira's friends blushed

''Vikranth, I'm so glad you made it. And I'm sure I'm not the only one...'' Preeti said clearing her throat and glancing at Mira, who rolled her eyes in response. Vikranth observed this too. 

''Likewise Preeti...but some people don't seem to be pleased with my presence...'' Vikranth said with a sardonic face as he glanced at Mira.

''Oh you don't have to worry about them, it's people like them that make weddings boring anyway!'' Abirami added.

Mira couldn't believe it. Vikranth had managed to charm her friends so well that they were now pulling her leg right in front of her. She felt that she would explode if she stood there for even another moment watching her friends giggle with him.

''I'm going to go get some water from inside...'' Mira said before she excused herself.

***

''Hey Mira!'' Vikranth trailed behind Mira as she entered Preeti's house.

Mira halted her steps before she stopped. Vikranth caught up to her.