33. Troubled thoughts💭

The sound of Mira's phone ringing broke the eye-lock that Mira and Vikranth were having as Mira went to attend the call, leaving behind a smiling Vikranth.

It was only after Mira left to get her phone that Vikranth realised what had just happened. He felt a strange sort of attachment with Mira and this time, not only had he struggled to break the eye-contact, he went to the extent of pushing her hair out of the way. He suddenly became conscious and thought whether he had made Mira uncomfortable. As strange as it all seemed, he was smiling the whole time all this happened. :)

***

Mira's phone displayed Preeti's ID, making her wonder why she would call at this time. She answered the call,

''Hello..?''

''Mira! Ok, so for the next five minutes, you need to listen to me very carefully. Got it?'' Preeti's said quickly.

''Preeti? What's up, all okay?''

''Yea yea...listen, Harish just proposed to me.''

''WHAT?!'' Mira said loudly. She turned to find Vikranth looking at her in concern, so she smiled and went to his bedroom with her phone.

''Yes yes, you know how he got a job here in Bangalore right? So we've been meeting often and today he casually asked me to join him for brunch and the next thing I know, he's had a whole cafe booked for the two of us and he's proposing me!'' Preeti spoke breathlessly fast.

''Wait wait...propose as in a marriage proposal?''

''Yes you idiot! It obviously wouldn't be a business proposal right?''

''So what did you say?''

''I panicked yaar! I asked him to give me a few minutes and now I'm in the washroom...oh god Miru...I wish you were here...'' Preeti wailed.

''Ok ok...Preeti calm down...and take a deep breath and just think carefully...''

''Hooff...ok..yea...''

''Do you remember when I asked you if Harish was serious about you? And you said that you would be the one convincing him to get married...?''

''Eh...yea, but that was a long time ago.''

''Right, now with this proposal, it looks like he's more serious about you than anything!''

''I know I know! But what about our parents? My parents?!''

''Preeti Preeti listen, right now just think about you and him...of course if you accept it then it won't be an easy marriage but if you don't...remember that your parents are still gonna bring in arranged marriage proposals...how long are you gonna keep running from them yaar?''

''Exactly yaar...I don't wanna loose him, I don't wanna loose what we share..it's too special, he's special...but it's just marriage, it sounds scary.''

''Can't argue with that...'' Mira said and chuckled. ''...but who says you have to get married tomorrow? Look, I'm sure you can say yes now and decide when later...all you have to decide is whether Harish is the one...''

''Right.'' A few moments of silence before Preeti asked, ''So....yesss?''

''Only if you're sure it's him...''

''Okay...thanks Miru! I'll story you the rest tomorrow, love you, bye!''

''Love you, take care and good luck!''