49. Never have I ever...🍾

Earlier in the week, Mira had met Harish at a cafe.

''So...Preeti is fine right?''

''Yea..She's fine. A lot better...''

''I hope she's taking her medicine for diabetes on time...she completely neglects them when she's angry or upset.'' Harish said worriedly.

''Harish...you don't have to worry while I'm with her. I forcibly make sure she doesn't skip food or meds.''

''I know Mira, that's the only thing that reassures me now...'' Harish said rubbing his forehead.

''Clearly, you guys can't keep away from each other without worrying. Then why fight like this?'' Mira finally asked.

''Okay, I admit. I may have overreacted in the moment. But I was only trying to protect her from hurt. I wanted her to be prepared to face anything that my relatives say, but she misunderstood me.''

''I understand Hari. Your intention was right, but your method of making her understand is wrong.'' Mira said, surprised by her clever statement.

 ''Given all the work she's doing now and the stress, you need to be a little more patient with Preeti, and I told her the same thing, trust me. Also, I'm sure you know very well that she takes matters of pride in a very sensitive way-''

''Exactly Mira! She takes everything I say that way!''

''But you love her right?''

''What? Of course! Are you also doubting me?''

Mira shook her head and chuckled, ''No. I'm just saying maybe, you should try to make her understand again, but this time, a bit more affectionately. I mean you guys made it this far!''

Harish sighed then smiled at Mira, ''Okay. But she has to give me a chance though.''

''Leave that to me.'' Mira smiled widely.

***

Mira, Preeti and Harish stood at the park. 

''Miru, why is he here?'' Preeti asked in frustration.

''I told you Mira, this would happen.'' Harish said.

''Oh stop it guys! Enough already! Do you think I'm that blind that I don't notice what's going on?'' 

Preeti gave Mira a puzzled look.

''What? This is all some facade you both are putting up. Preeti you bitch! You think I haven't noticed you going through your engagement photos like a sad puppy the last few days? And you, Mr. Harish, I come to meet you after ages and the first thing you ask me is if your dear fiancee has eaten or had meds...'' Preeti turned to Harish who now looked at his feet.

''Look, I've known you guys since you started dating. You two stuck together like glue yaar! And I'm not gonna let marriage put an end to it! I mean marriage should be the beginning of the next level...you know..'' Mira shrugged.

Preeti looked at Mira helplessly.

''Preeti, I warned you about all this when he proposed. So suck up to it and think about the life that you two are going to start together, it will seem worth it then! As for the relatives, well they're gonna come for the wedding and be gone after! You won't see them until the next family event or wedding! They're not gonna live with you guys for god's sake! It will just be the two of you after that!''

Preeti and Harish were already looking at each other like lost souls. Mira smiled and said,

''Before I ramble on and lose it, sort this mess out!'' Mira said as she pushed Preeti towards Harish.