63. I'm Yours...🎶

''Take Mira with you!'' Padma said.

Vikranth and Mira gave each other blank glances. The boys were getting ready to go the sports complex later that evening and Mira was asking Vikranth about what he does there everyday.

''Sure.'' Sri shrugged before Vikranth gave a smile in agreement.

 So it was decided, Mira would join the boys at the sports complex in the evening. She wore a white t shirt and brown capri pants as she didn't pack any gym wear.

***

The first thing Mira noticed when she walked into the sports complex was how big it was and it's amazing infrastructure. Vikranth and Sri walked into a multipurpose court where there were already about  five teenage boys shooting hoops. Okay, so for a moment it struck Mira that she was the only girl in the court, making her halt her steps. Vikranth turned around to see Mira pinned to the entrance. He walked over and gave her an assuring pat on the shoulder before saying,

''C'mon, it'll be fun.''

Vikranth introduced Mira to some of the boys, who gave her awkward glances but they got used to her company as soon as the game began. The boys and Mira were split into two teams of 4, with Mira on Sri's team. Before they began, Vikranth asked Mira,

''You know the rules yeah?''

Mira looked at him deadpan and scoffed, ''Of course!'' Vikranth gave a smirk and clapped, ''Sweet! Let's play!''.

Playing with the boys was not as easy as Mira thought. With all of them having the advantage of height over her, she barely got to touch the ball, except the few times Sri passed it to her. She noticed that the boys were deliberately going easy on her until she scored the first hoop. 

''Nice Miraa!'' Sri said. Mira turned to Vikranth who gave her a wink.

The next ten minutes, the boys no longer went easy and Mira just found herself chasing the ball in their hands most of the time. She even struggled to dribble the ball when it reached her hands. Mira was panting and struggling to keep up with them, but she played her best. It had been so long since she had played any sport and her body was loving it, her muscles stretched and groaned as they compelled in action. Sweat trickled down her neck. It was reveling and liberating all at once!

Mira even managed to score a second shot and this time Sri gave her a high five. Though they lost against Vikranth's team, Mira felt like a winner herself. The boys and Mira sat down on the corner of the court, where Vikranth gave her cold water in a plastic bottle. He watched intently as she drank water from it. She tried to not get distracted by his appearance, he was drenched in sweat, looking even more attractive in his purple jersey and shorts.

''You were awesome!'' he said.

Mira guffawed and said, ''It was tough, given my height but I had fun!''

Vikranth chuckled. Just then, Sri came over and told Vikranth that he was going to the outdoor court with the other boys. The court was mostly empty now, as it had gotten dark and all the boys had left, with only Mira and Vikranth. There was a moment of silence before Mira asked,

''How do you shoot from half-court? I saw you do it twice and get it in with finesse!''

Vikranth shook his head while smiling at his feet before saying, ''Practice...and some skills, but mostly a lot of practice.''

''Teach me.'' Mira said. Vikranth stared at her for a moment before giving a twitched smile.

***