36. The Best Day❤️

It had been two weeks since Mira last met Vikranth at the park after the snowfall. Mira was now in her final week at Boston. At the work front, her team finally managed to launch their first marketing campaign at a grand scale. Mira was so comfortable working with her group mates by now that they all were more friends than colleagues. To Mira's surprise, even Ananth seemed to get along well with her and the other group members. He had approached her once after the campaign launch, to congratulate her and apologise.

Mira knew that in a week or so, she wouldn't see any of these people again as they will all head back to India, to be employed all over the country in different branches. She felt it would be best to not hold any grudges and leave on a positive note. So she forgave him. They didn't become instant friends, but they shared a good relationship on the professional front.

***

Mira spent her last weekend in Boston shopping for her family and friends back home. 🎁Faneuil Hall was a Christmas delight as all the stores were adorned in Christmas decorations. Moreover, it was the perfect time as there was a massive sale for the festive season! Mira tried really hard to not be distracted by a store only for candy and sweets. She felt like a child and promised herself that she would stop by at the candy store later.

Mira purchased some gifts for her friends that comprised of mostly cosmetics, souvenir key chains and perfumes. She bought a Boston city model souvenir, some nail polish and after a number of calls on Whatsapp, she bought a long dress for her mother. Mira bought a printed T-shirt of Boston city for her father a premium aftershave gift set. Apart from this, she also bought a lot of chocolates and sweets.🍫🍭

Then it occurred to her, that she had to give Vikranth something. After all, he had been more than a friend in Boston to her that she felt obliged to give him something. But what could she get him, she thought this was the hardest decision. It was easy to buy gifts for her parents and best friends, but Vikranth, she felt she still didn't know him enough to buy the perfect gift. Then, she saw a stationary store....and an idea struck her.💡

***

Vikranth had texted Mira and asked her when she was free to meet up before she left. Deciding on a day to meet was difficult as there were dinner events organised by her colleagues almost everyday till her last day in Boston. So they decided to meet on her second last day, even though she had a Christmas/Farewell party at her office. Mira felt this was the only way and she would leave a little early from the party to go out for dinner with Vikranth. He didn't fuss much either and was quite understanding when she told him about being over-booked.

***

''I'm gonna miss you yaar...'' Jyoti said and side hugged Mira.

''Me too...make sure to invite me to your wedding!'' Mira replied.

''I will.'' she said and squeezed her shoulders.

Mira was at the Christmas party at work to which she had worn a long kurti with multi-coloured stripes, paired with some denims, black boots and some oxidised jhumkas. She put in the effort to dress up today, mainly because she was meeting Vikranth later. He had texted her if she was okay with staying out a bit late tonight as he had a few surprises in mind. Mira agreed as long as she was back home a bit before midnight, to which he had replied,

Got it, Cinderella! ;)

After a short speech by Richard, rounds of wishing each other all the best and eating some snacks, Mira got a text from Vikranth saying that he was outside her office. As she was still in the midst of conversation with some people, she rang him and asked him to come inside.