4. Departure🛫

The next few weeks was busy for Mira as she was occupied with the formalities for the U.S. and winding up things at work. In between all this, Mira also had to find time to do some last minute shopping for clothes and other things. Luckily her visa application was approved and she had managed to book the flight tickets after consulting Anisha.

'' And Listen Mira, make sure you take lots of warm clothes with you ma. It gets really cold there November onwards. Vikranth still falls sick there every winter, so take medicines also. I will text you Vikranth's number, and inform him as well. When did you say you will reach there again?''. Padma asked. Mira was on the phone with Padma since Sudha had asked her to talk to her before leaving.

''I will aunty, don't worry I have packed everything. I will reach Boston on the 19th (July) at night.'' Mira said

''Okay ma, I will remind Vikranth closer to the date, otherwise he will forget.'' Padma said

''Okay aunty, how are Vikranth are Srikanth?''

''Ohh...they are fine ma. Vikranth is more relaxed there than he was in Chicago. Sri is still studying in Chicago ma, he's also fine, just busy with studies.'' Padma replied

''Oh...that's good.'' Mira said

''Right Mira, you carry on. Have a safe journey and I will ask Sudha to inform me once you reach. Be very careful ma, you are going to live there alone. I know you are a responsible child but still I feel concerned. So take care, okay? Bye'' Padma said

''Ok aunty, don't worry I will take care. Thanks. Convey my regards to uncle. Bye'' Mira said and ended the call.

***

With just a week left before Mira's departure, Preeti and Mira decided to pamper themselves by having a full-day session at the beauty salon. They spent the whole day at the parlour undergoing facials, body-massage, manicure, pedicure and whatnot...

Preeti noticed that Mira was looking stressed even though today was supposed to be a relaxing day for them. So she asked, ''What's wrong dude?''

''I just hope there's a salon near my place in Boston, I will need to at least get threading done yaar.''

Preeti laughed and asked, ''And this is stressing you out?''

''I'm serious dude, you know how fast my eyebrows grow, it's a real issue Preeti!'' exclaimed Mira.

''Relax yaar, you'll find a place there to thread your brows...now chill.''

Mira smiled and said. ''I hope so.'' Mira was really enjoying herself, she always wanted to spend a day in a salon, but didn't find time in the last three years. Now her trip to Boston came in handy as a reason to pamper herself. Most of all, Mira was grateful that she came here with no one else but her dear friend and sister, Preeti. 💙💅

***

A few days later, Preeti was in the kitchen and Mira was doing her packing when Preeti's phone rang.

''Preeti! Your phone.'' Mira said.

''Can you answer it?'' Preeti asked from the kitchen.

''It's Harish though...'' Mira said

''Arrey, just answer it na.'' Preeti said

''Finneee...'' Mira said and answered the call, ''Hello lover-boy!''

''Heyy..eh....Mira? Where's Preeti?'' Harish asked.

''She's in the kitchen, making maggi. How are you by the way? And congrats on your job bro.'' Mira said.