20. Unwanted encounter❗

Vikranth pulled over in front of Mira's place. He was in his work attire, as he would head straight to work after this. Mira thanked him once again and was about to get off the car when,

''Mira wait...'' Vikranth said as he took out his wallet. He took some notes of cash out and gave it to Mira.

Mira gave him a confused look then said,

''No, Vikranth I can't take this and I don't need it either, trust me...''

''I know you'll refuse but Mira, you and I both know that you lost a lot of cash...it's not easy here to be short of cash, just keep it until you withdraw some...''

''Nah...I can't accept this...''

''Mira I insist...you know what, if you feel so bad, you can pay me back later...''

Mira sighed and leaned back on her seat.

''Look, it's either this or I don't let you step out of the car...''

''You just don't give up, do you?''

''Nope...'' Vikranth gave a sly smile

''Alright, but you have to promise me that you'll accept it when I pay you back.''

''Done deal!'' Vikranth smiled and said.

Mira got off and went in to her apartment.

***

The next few days were busy for Mira as they were preparing for the New York conference. To Mira's relief, she managed to get a new id card made, even though she had to pay for it, it was essential. Her bank had issued her a new credit card. Mira even transferred the money that Vikranth had given to his account, even though he had said it could wait, Mira just felt uncomfortable being indebted to anyone, so she got it out of the way.

Things were slowly getting back to normal for Mira. Whenever she was alone, she would reminisce the night that she had spent at Vikranth's place...all of it felt surreal. Had she really watched Netlfix and had pizza with Vikranth?, Mira wondered.

Of course, Vikranth regularly texts Mira to check up on her, he even asked about her arm. Mira had told him that the bruise was healing fast and she could almost move her arm normally.

***

The following Monday was a public holiday and Mira had decided to hangout with Vikranth and his friends, since it had been a while. They were celebrating Tanya's birthday at a local bar/restaurant. Mira was wearing a brown printed frock-type dress with a denim jacket and black boots that she had got on sale when she went shopping a few days back. She even managed to find a small gift for Tanya, Mira bought a cute pack of fairy-lights for Tanya.

Vikranth had come in a light pink shirt and black leather jacket paired with jeans. Mira wondered how managed to look so fashionable in every outfit. After the wallet incident, she had only become more fond of Vikranth. He walked in with Abhi and gave Mira a curt smile and nod. Mira smiled too.

''Hello Mira ji! Kaise hain aap?''

''I'm fine Abhi, how are you?''

''Badiya ji!''

''So....Tanya, how old are you now?'' Nikhil smirked and asked.

Tanya gave him a death stare.😂

''Oh come on, you can't be sweet sixteen forever. I don't get what's the problem with women in telling people their exact age...''

Tanya looked around and said to no one in particular, ''I'm 24 and proud!''