18. Bad day...🌁

''Vikranth. Where are you?''

''I'm almost there Mira, you're near the entrance yea?''

Mira looked around. Vikranth had suggested a premium dessert cafe to meet. He also offered to drive Mira there, but Mira didn't want to trouble him since he had some errands to do earlier that day and was coming to meet her straight from that. So she decided to take a cab there.

''Eh...I think so...I'm not sure though, there aren't a lot of shops here...but the GPS brought me here...''

Mira's cab driver was also unfamiliar with the address so he had dropped her somewhere near the place...

''Ok ok, just wait there, I'll come to you...''

''Alright.''

Mira ended the call and looked around. She was standing beside a small boutique on the left side of a narrow street which was dimly lit. She had never been to this part of the city before. It was only 6:30 in the evening but due to the cold weather, daylight was of very few hours and it became dark early in the evening. The street appeared to be mostly deserted with only one or two people walking. Standing in an unknown place only made Mira annoyed with Vikranth who was running late.

With her handbag on her right shoulder, and her jacket on her right hand, Mira held her phone on her left hand and checked for any messages from Vikranth. Suddenly she felt someone snatch her bag from below and shove her right shoulder really hard making her yell.

''Aaaahhh!'

Before she could make out what was happening, a bald man ran in front of her with her bag. Mira ran behind him. The thief turned to a small alley on the right filled with garbage containers. Mira ran as fast as she could but the alley was too dark that she didn't see a glass bottle sticking out of one of the cans. She nudged past it and the glass poked through her sweater, scraping the skin on the back of her right forearm...

''Aaaahhh...''

Mira grabbed her arm in pain and saw from a distance that the man threw her bag on the ground and escaped. She quickly ran to where her bag was only to find that her wallet was missing from the bag. Mira had reached the opposite side now and looked around to spot the man. She saw him and ran to cross the street when suddenly she heard a loud horn accompanied by a bright light blurring her vision. Before she could react to the vehicle coming towards her she felt someone grab her left arm and pull her on to the footpath.

***

Vikranth was looking for a parking spot in his car when he saw Mira run down the street in the opposite direction. He quickly pulled over, got off, and ran in the same direction. He spotted Mira a few metres down the footpath and ran to her, quickly pulling her over from crossing the road.

''Mira!''

''Vi-Vi-Vikranth! My bag got stolen, a man stole my wallet, it had everything, my id, credit card, cash...I have to find him Vikranth I-'' Mira muttered as she started to move her arms restlessly.

Vikranth looked very concerned and confused trying to make out what had happened. His eyes landed on Mira's forearm, he said.

''Mira wait! Are you injured? Your arm...''

''I have to find him Vikran-!''

''MIRA! Listen to me! We can't chase him, he's gone!'' Vikranth held her shoulders and said loudly causing Mira to jerk and look up at him. Mira pulled her hair behind her ears, she began to choke up as she said,