16. A wild stunt🥏

''Hey...umm sorry I was talking to my parents.'' Mira said to Vikranth on the phone

''Oh...it's cool. How are uncle and aunty by the way?'' Vikranth's youthful voice replied

''They're fine.''

''Convey my regards next time''

''Sure. So..... what's this sky-diving poster about?'' Mira asked.

''Oh...that! It's a sky-diving centre located about an hour away from Boston. Nikhil, Sam, Abhi and I are going, I wanted to know if you're interested...''

''Oh....Sorry Vikranth but I'm not fond of free-falling from about 12,000 feet, it doesn't really sound exciting to me...''

''Hahehe...it's fine. You don't have to if you don't want to, I completely understand, but you can still join us, Abhi won't be sky-diving either. Besides, it's been a while since we hungout so....''

''I agree...it has been a while since we've both been busy the last few weeks...but still...''

''It's ok Mira, sleep on it, you can let me know before next Friday yea?''

''Hmm...okay''

***

''Hahaaaa....'' Mira threw back her head and laughed.

''Wait for it, there's more..oh this one, look look!''

Nikhil said as he showed Mira some really funny photos of Vikranth, Sam and Abhi while they were on their way to the sky-diving center in Vikranth's car. Mira found Nikhil to be such a funny guy as he told her some hilarious incidents with Guava, and many more such experiences...she hadn't laughed this much in a long time.

They finally reached the airfield used by the sky-diving center. Sam had reached there before them with her own car. Even though she wasn't going to sky-dive, Mira's nerves was really getting to her as she got off and walked with the others.

''So Mira, sure you don't wanna try it? I mean it's for a good cause....'' Sam insisted.

The sky-diving programme was organised by a local charity organisation that Sam was acquainted with as a part of a fundraising initiative for children with special needs. Even then, the whole idea of risking your own life for those of strangers went beyond Mira's understanding...

''Yep, if it was anything less risky, I would have loved to, but I don't think I'm up for it...'' Mira shrugged and said.

''Yes Sam, Mira ji and I will be rooting for you guys from down here...right?'' Abhi said looking at Mira who smiled in response.

'Vaise Abhi, why aren't you going?''

Abhi gave a small laugh and said, '' Arrey, have you seen my weight? I don't think I'm fit enough to freefall Mira ji...hehe''

Although Abhinav was a little chubby compared to the other boys, Mira was not convinced.

''What? That's not true...I don't think your weight is an issue Abhi...koi aur reason?'' (Any other reason? in hindi.)

''Hahaaa...leave mine Mira ji, what's yours?''

''Simple, I don't participate in sports that involve risking your life..I'm not a risk taker in that case...I cherish my life thanks..''

Mira and Abhi had a good laugh while Nikhil, Sam and Vikranth were being instructed on safety measures and diving. They were then taken in to put on their jumpsuit and equipment.