27. True friends 🙂

The following morning, Mira went to the park, she found Vikranth at the Basketball court as usual doing some dribbling and shooting. He still appeared to be furious as he was rigorously playing. Mira walked into the court,

''Good Morning!'' she said louder than usual with a smile.

Vikranth didn't respond and just focused on dribbling the ball.

Just then, Guava ran up to her and she knelt down to pat his head, ''Hey Koyya! Looks like your friend is still mad at me...'' she sighed.

She waited for about five minutes hoping that Vikranth would stop playing at least. Then she realised that he wasn't going to stop for her so she said, ''Vikranth! Look, I'm sorry okay?! I know what I did was wrong, can you just give me five minutes? I promise I will leave after saying what I have to say...''

Mira walked near the hoop and caught the ball after Vikranth scored the hoop.

''Please? Just five minutes...'' she pleaded.

He looked at her briefly then grabbed a towel and wiped sweat off his forehead before walking over to the benches where they both sat.

''Vikranth I-''

''Mira, I'm sorry about that day, I don't know what got to me...I was just concerned about you but I shouldn't have been so harsh, it was totally uncalled for...'' Vikranth confessed looking straight ahead at the court.

''You don't have to apologise...in fact I should apologise because I didn't share my problem with you, when you were there for me as a friend all along, I am sorry for insulting our friendship Vikranth. I did feel upset when you shouted at me the other day, but behind your anger was your concern for me and I only realised that afterwards. ''

Vikranth turned to Mira and listened with full concentration.

''Vikranth, I've always been like this, I keep everything to myself. There was a time when I didn't even share my problems with my parents...it's just how I am...and I know that sometimes it's toxic which is why I worked on opening myself to people a bit more. Look, I just thought that I could handle this on my own and I know what you're going to say, that I would have handled it better if I had told you everything earlier, please don't extend my guilt trip cuz I'm already on it...haha''

''One thing I've realised in all this is that, being so far from home, I regarded you as the closest I've had to anyone in this city as family and now, I want to nurture that and.... can we just start over? Please? I can't promise to be an open book, but I definitely want to be a better friend...''

Vikranth stood up and walked over to Guava and fixed his leash. Mira also stood up such that she was facing him. He looked at Mira, the smallest of a smile appeared on his face, then he said,

''Did you write a script before coming here?...cuz it's pretty good. I'm convinced..''

Mira rolled her eyes and smiled. Then with gritted teeth she said, ''Vikraaanth!'' and threw the ball at his face. He obviously caught the ball and said, ''Hey Woah!''

***

Later that day, Vikranth took Mira to a Pizza place in Quincy.

''Mmm! This is soo good!'' Mira said with a satisfied expression as she took a bite of the pizza slice.

''Glad you like it.'' Vikranth smiled and said.

''You know, Pizza is my weakness. In fact, my mom loves it too! My dad says she ate so much pizza during her pregnancy that her friends wanted to name me Pizza! Ha-ha! How crazy is that?!'' Mira exclaimed.