Chapter 1:The Beginning

[Timeline:Monster Era]
Hye Joo's POV:

"Save my daughter, please" Her mother cried. That man doesn't seem to hear her cries. The girl is bleeding from the wounds she had in her body. Slowly her breathing gets slow and hard. But the man continues to beat the child up. The lady continues to cry for help and ....slowly the breathing stops.....

I woke up from the bad dream I had this morning. Beads of sweats formed in my forehead. Breathing heavily and panting. The alarm strikes and wakes me up reminding me that I had to go for my work. "Oh God!" I groan as I woke up from my bed. By the way let me introduce myself

I am Ji Hye Joo, A girl who managed to live for 22 years in this cruel world. I work as a general surgeon in Seoul National Hospital. Well you can define me as whatever you want. Because I don't care about what people thinks about me and this is my speciality.

I am a person who doesn't believe in love. Not until my stepfather left my mother so cruelly and harshly in front of everyone to marry another girl just for money. It's actually my mother left my stepfather. From that incident, I just became a strong opposer of love and lust. Just this world runs on money is my logic. I really had to work my ass hard of like anything to be in this position I am in now. Heaven knows how many sleepless nights I endured to bring my family economy to a stability. And I will never let anybody to crush it down.

While thinking of the way I came through , I looked at the clock. " Shit! I'm running late for my job" I exclaimed and ran to the bathroom.

I got ready and was waiting for my breakfast on my dining table when suddenly my assist called me up.
" Hello Ji Hye Joo speaking"
" Hello Doctor it's So Young here"

So Young, my intern assistant for this year and my junior for nearly three years, is the best friend in my hospital and the only friend I ever know. Coming to the situation, I jerked a little bit when she called me 'Doctor' because she calls me like that whenever there is a emergency in the hospital.

" Oh! So Young- ah! Why what's the problem?"
" The director wants to meet you. RIGHT. NOW"
" Don't worry, I'll be there in 15 minutes"

I end the call and informed my mother that I will be having my breakfast in the hospital food court.
Since my home is a block away from the hospital, I walked to the hospital.
I walked through the back gate of the hospital and went inside the changing room to change into my coat.

Then So Young came in searching for me and I went with her. "So Young-ah! Why did the director call for me?" I asked. She just replied me with a smile on her face. " Just come with me Doc. There is a happy news waiting for you". By then we reached the director's office. "So Young-ah! Just wait for me here. I'll be out as soon as possible."

Then I entered inside the director's office. "Sir may I come in?" I knocked the door and asked. " Oh!Hye Joo-sshi ! Come in. I have a good news for you".

______________________________________So exactly what good news will wait for Hye Joo in her hospital? Wait and watch. Until then
~BGJ