Chapter 28: Drunken Mess

Hye Joo

I was forced to wake up due to the bright sunlight from outside. It was so strong that I could see beads of sweat forming in my forehead. My throat feels very parched so I decided to get up and drink a cup of water. I kicked the blanket and got down for breakfast.

My mother was sitting on the couch and watched me getting down from the stairs. She pointed me and did a hand gesture to go towards her.

"Is everything true about what you said yesterday?" My mom investigated me. I don't even remember what I said yesterday. All I remember is that Mark took me for a drink and I got pretty wasted there. He dropped me home and I slept. That's what I remember.

I tried to remember about what I said yesterday. "Try thinking about what you said about Do Kyungsoo."

"I broke up with that hell of a bastard. He fucking cheated behind my back with another bitch right in front of my eyes. When I asked for an explanation, he just gritted his teeth and cursed me through his eyes. He is just a sweet talker. That asshole really have the guts to cheat on girls life just because he is an idol and he has millions of fucking bitches to protect him even if he is a victim of these kind of cases. I don't know how to come over this mess. He even ordered Mark to kidnap me and kill me. Mom! Is this the type of son-in-law you want. Even if you want I don't want this kind of a bastard as my husband. Go fuck yourself Do Kyungsoo."

I remembered how shamelessly I spoke bad words about Do Kyungsoo. Even though he cheated on me, that doesn't mean that I can speak bad about him. It can turn back to me. So I must be careful while speaking about him especially.

Back to the point, my mom kept staring at me and said "Did you break up with Do Kyungsoo because he cheated  behind your back? Okay, it's your choice, you can decide on this because this is your life matter".

After this incident, I was too guilty to face my mom. So I decided to go to Jiah's house. Even though she is not here since I know her password, I went to her house. I suddenly got reminded of Eddy, Jiah's puppy because she cares about her dog so much that she washes him up everyday.

I wonder what happened to Eddy though. I went and saw Eddy to be sleeping in Jiah's room. Jiah left Eddy here to my surprise. She even bought Eddy there to Maldives....

Let's not talk about Maldives. I swear I won't be a fool again thinking about him.

Seeing that the house is dirty, I decided to clean up the house without waking up Eddy. Even if Eddy wakes up I don't care because he knows me very well.

I started cleaning the living room first, It's been 3 months since Jiah left the house and Eddy like that. So dust covered up the house like a storm. There were spiderwebs behind the couch and on the corners of the room. I know I have a night duty to attend, but still I cannot leave my friends house just like that.

I cleaned the living room and the storage room and checked that the time passed very early. It was 10 in the morning when I came here but it became 1 in the afternoon. But still I have time to complete this work and go for my duty.

Then I went to Jiah's room to see Eddy roaming around the room. He sees me and jumps at me.  I catched him and leaves him down. He's three years old and he has gained weight a lot than I saw him last time.

"Eddy-ah! Jiah eomma left you like this? Like starving? Wait I will give you food and clean up this room." I said to myself to which Eddy barked happily. Sometimes it feels nice to be with a dog. I suddenly remembered about that day after Eun Shin Unnie's death, that date where we talked about dogs.

I tried to everything from my mind but it hurts so much that I can't erase it so easily. Wish we could be robots who can delete the unwanted memories from the CPU brain if the storage gets loaded too much.

I went to the kitchen to get food for Eddy. Eddy followed me down and I placed some ham for Eddy to eat and started cleaning Jiah's bedroom.

While I was cleaning her room I found some knives and razor blades with blood. Then only I remembered about what Eun Shin Unnie said about Jiah's wrist slitting habit.  That's why she is suffering from anaemia and losing too much blood when she gets hurt.

I cleaned everything and throwed away the knives and blades from her drawer. She will be angry at me for this but I can't stand simply after seeing this happen right in front of me.

I cleaned her house and gave Eddy a bath and it became 5:30 in the evening and I have to report to the hospital by 7 in the evening. Or else that strict head of mine will kill me for being late for my duty, now as I am free from all the unwanted commitments I might start working properly again, like I used to do.

I took a shower and took one of Jiah's clothes and wore it to the hospital. So Young is not working in the hospital as the smell of the anesthesia makes her puke every now and then. She is having a hard time eating anything and eats strange things and combinations.

I reached the hospital at 6:50 PM and signed in. I went to the locker room to wear my robe and slippers. In hospital we are supposed to wear slippers for the cleanliness of the hospital. I went to my room to check my time schedule. There I saw a person waiting

"What the hell are you doing here?"
______________________________________
We have sent Civilian Myeon Today and we saw Jongdae also. This will also pass away. We will wait for him too.
I wasn't joking when I said I will update everyday to complete this book. Please do read, vote and comment.
~BGJ