Chapter 30 : The Interlude

Hye Joo

Weeks passed like that and I didn't go home for a while.  My mom kept on checking me in the hospital and I never had the heart to face her right now.  Of course,  I broke up with her favourite idol and she's angry at me for doing so.

It was like any other work day, I had to stay in the hospital doing Cha Se Jin's work again.  It's been a long time since I saw her. She belongs to the psychology department and sometimes we help them too.  I did some psychology  during my under graduate days and guess it worked off to get me more payment.

I was checking on my neuro patients when i suddenly  remembered that I have an appointment with a psych patient.  I hurried to the psychology department and went into Se Jin's office.  I took the file of the patient and checked it.

Kim Jongdae (EXO's Chen)

I immediately closed the file after looking at the written name.  After the breakup,  I am trying my level best to avoid EXO members especially D.O. Just thinking about him makes me puke and cry my heart out.

Then only I remembered I should run away from this situation because of two people who played an important role in my life. As I was about to get up from my chair, The door opened to see Chen,  Suho and D.O to peek out from behind.

That's it.  I'm doomed.

I invited them inside and asked them to sit in the chair.  Of all the members,  why is he here?  Doesn't he know that I work in this hospital?

Maybe he forgot totally about me and just accompanied Chen?

"Hye Joo-ya! I never knew you worked for the psychology department. " Suho tried to break the ice.  "First of all, don't call me by my first name since I'm your doctor today. Second, let's be professional  even though you are my friend's husband. " I said to stop all the awkwardness.

They seemed to accept my conditions and pursed their lips.  "Chen-sshi,  tell me about what you did this weekend" I started.

"We were recording for our upcoming comeback and we were learning some dance moves.  I tried hard not to think of her but I failed, I cried up crying also" he said.

I tried to bring up my professional side and ignore as if it never hurted, but I couldn't.  "Did you do any individual activities this weekend? " I shooted at him again.

He shook his head and closed his eyes.  I asked him to wait outside and he went out.

"One of you go accompany him.  Let the leader be with me. " I said to them which was like hey D.O get out of the room immediately '

D.O went outside without any choice leaving me and Suho to talk.

"How is his mental condition? " I asked. " It's better than the last time you saw him. Nowadays, he is crying in front of us. A thing that he didn't do before.  Next,  he started talking a lot like the olden days.  That's all I can say,  he even started making friends with other idols ". He finishes.

"Please do take care of him and analyze his actions like you are doing now.  Note me if there is any action. Now go call him".I motioned him the door.

He went and called Chen and let him inside. "Chen-sshi! I want you to do a task. Take a diary and start writing about your worries, anxieties in it.  You can also write your daily routine in it and bring it to me every weekend. Now you may go.  Remember to do the breathing exercises daily."

He bowed to me as a sign of gratitude and left outside. I took this as my chance and ran to my department immediately.  But I saw someone whom I didn't want to see.

Do Kyungsoo.

"Ji Hye Joo stop right there.  We need to talk." he commanded. I stopped right there due to the volume of his voice. His voice sends me chills in my spine when I hear him. 

I turned to keep my face straight and looked at him. "Why should we talk? I don't know who you are." I said and started walking to my room.

If he calls me one more time, I swear I will spill tears. The tears that I didn't want to spill.  The tears that long for him.

He followed me and caught my hand right in front of the room and said "Who gave you the rights to breakup on your own? It's our relationship so you should ask my consent too". He screamed right in my ears.  I just stared and him and my hand touched his cheek.

Baam!

I slapped him and he turned his face due to the effect of my slap. "Do you think I should ask your consent after the thing that you've done behind me? Our relationship? Stop speaking crap and get back to your work. We're never in this thing together."
I spat facts on his face and entered my room.

I locked the door and started crying after what he said.  Does he even make sense?  He cheats on me with another bitch and I should ask his consent to breakup. Does he think I'm his servant or slave? What a funny relationship.

He continuously banged the door for nearly ten minutes until he got tired and went. I peeped at the door and confirmed his departure.  I locked the door again and washed my face to continue my duty again.

I am sure many of my hospital co-workers might have watched me slapping him and some might  be his fans too.  They might be angry on me for slapping their precious oppa and asked him to get lost but they doesn't know what kind of a jerk he is and what he did to my life to bring to this point.

I don't care about their feelings,  this may sound selfish but I am not giving a shit what the world thinks of me.
__________________________________
I told that I will update daily but yesterday my phone's screen got broke so that I couldn't update this book.  Anyways here's the new chapter. Do read,  like and comment
~BGJ