Chapter 2: Unexpected

Hye Joo

Many thoughts ran into my mind as I went inside. "Will he fire me? Did I do something wrong? Did I mistreat my patients? Did I receive any bribe from my patients?"

The director broke off my thoughts "Have a seat Hye Joo-sshi". "Director-nim! Can I know the reason why you called for me?" I asked not interested in sitting for hours with him. The director briskly replied " I have a surprise for you" . "Really? May I know what it is Sir?" I almost backfired at him.

"Hye Joo-sshi, this week the sponsors of our hospital decided to grant a week's leave for one lucky doctor. Naturally when they went through your records, they found that you did the most of the night work duties than other doctors. So you are offered a pair of travel ticket coupon to Maldives and you are on off the next full week". I just went through the words he just said now and

WAIT . DID HE JUST SAY MALDIVES?
OR DID I HEARD MALDIVES JUST NOW?

HEOL!! I'M JUST GRANTED A WEEK'S HOLIDAY WITH A FREE TRIP TO MALDIVES!!

While I was mentally screaming in my mind like a maniac the director continued "Don't worry Hye Joo-sshi , the hospital will take care of your expenses and we will appoint a tourist guide for you there. You can take anyone with you for your trip. Just let your mind relax for the next week and come back fresh the next week ahead". "Oh! Kamsahamnida director-nim for your kindness!" I just thanked him for all the things he just told me. He also added "Hye Joo-sshi. Your flight for Maldives is tomorrow evening and I would like to give you a bonus holiday of two days that is today and tomorrow for your hard work from my side". "Oh! Thank you so much Sir!". I thanked him and left his office immediately to enjoy the rest of my holiday.

On the way to the changing room again , I met So Young again. Then I eventually told all the things that the director has told me just now. "With whom you wanna go to Maldives Doc?" She asked me tilting her face innocently to change my mind for taking her with me.

I immediately answered " I will go with my mother. This will be the first family trip that we are going". She pouted like a puppy and sadly said "Okay Doc. I will take care of your appointments and don't forget to bring me something from there". I nodded and changed my dress immediately to my casual wear. I thought of going outside for purchasing some things we will need during our travel.

I almost forgot to inform this to my mom. I mentally facepalmed myself and called her. She immediately picked up her phone and I told all the things that the director told me to her and I could imagine her slightly wrinkled smiling face when I wanted her to join with me for the trip. She immediately got excited and said that she will start packing for our trip while I did my purchases outside. This was something I never expected to come and suddenly it came like a lottery ticket of relief and happiness.

______________________________________Hello! Woah our Hye Joo and her mom are going to Maldives. Little did she know there is another surprise coming. Guess that until then
~BGJ